6 Plus to replace iPad rMini

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrXiro, Sep 17, 2014.

1. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I'm debating getting the 6 Plus but only as an all in one replacement for my 5s AND my rMini. I can sell both and break even to buy the 6 Plus 64gb.

But I tend to read a lot of comic books on my rMini... not sure if it will work as well on a 5.5 inch screen. Not a fan of reading the comics in landscape mode on my iPad because the text is too small.

Anyone else thinking of doing this?

Just wanted to get some opinions if anyone else is considering this. :apple:

2. uchosen macrumors 6502

Plus not a replacement for the mini IMO. I read books/comics a lot as well on my Mini. 5.5" screen is not big enough for me for extended reading.

3. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

There are at least 6-7 threads on this topic. If I were in your situation, I would order a 6+, try it out for few days, and then decide whether to keep or sell rMini.

4. urkel macrumors 68030

Battery life is my big reason to keep the iPad. I tend to divide my workflow to two devices so as to not drain my phone before the end of the day. It will be great to have a device to bridge the gap but I have to wait to see if the 6+ battery really lives up to their claims.

5. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

well my hope is that the 401 ppi makes the smaller text more legible for comics.

I charge my iPhone nearly all day at work and every night in bed on my clock. But yeah I do see having 2 devices being beneficial too, the difference is I'll end up spending about $300 more if I have have both an iPhone 6 and an iPad.

6. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

It's already replaced my mini. One less device to maintain.

7. ltb7 macrumors 6502

i think as said above, just try it out.....you will know after a few days and if it works well for your needs then sell/trade your iPhone + iPad as you said, you can also read ibooks on mac + I'm sure you can set it to a larger font - HTH

8. MrXiro, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014

MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Something about reading books on a computer monitor feels wrong to me. I read websites all day and the format of a book just doesn't feel right. I prefer reading comics in bed or on the couch away from my desk.

I think my biggest worry is getting the 6 Plus and then if I DON'T like it having to order the 6 again and playing the waiting game.

9. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

I have already planned on doing this, but I can't completely do it until Blizzard puts Hearthstone on the iPhone later this year.

10. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Hmm... I luckily don't game too much.

I'm leaning towards just keeping the iPad and getting the regular 6. There are plenty of times where I need the bigger screen...

11. Skoal macrumors 65816

Because Lord knows how difficult it must be to maintain two whole Apple devices.

12. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

It doesn't run iPad apps, so it won't replace the iPad for those things but can for web browsing, media, communications, etc.

13. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

I own and currently maintain (all in sync):

Nexus 5
    iPhone 5s
    Note 3
    Nexus 7
    iPad mini
    iPad Air
    MacBook Air
    MacBook Pro Retina
    ThinkPad Carbon X

So... I happen to be extremely skilled in managing a large number of devices in a cross platform environment which is much more complex than managing a single platform system.

Which proves how wrong you are and how foolish your petty comment was.

Certainly you can't be that shallow...

14. Skoal macrumors 65816

I'm sorry but it couldn't possibly be easier! It's laughable actually! Oh, no offense of course!