6 plus turned itself off from open app in background

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Slicktype, May 22, 2015.

1. Slicktype macrumors 6502

Slicktype

Weirdest thing happens to my 6 plus a few days ago.
    i was using it like normal, placed my phone in pocket than decided to make a phone call. What do you know ? My phone will not awake itself.
    I tried to hold down the power button, home button, hell, even the volume buttons to see if this device would wake up.
    All attempts fell short. About an hour later I decided to do a hard reset (power and home button), and voila !
    It turned itself on. I then chatted online with an apple tech regarding my current issue (I say current because I have many ongoing. Lag, turning itself off etc...)
    I was told to run a quick diagnostics test and the end result was my "clash of clans" app cause my phone to turn off.
    Apparently the app used up to much "app" memory and in result turned off my device.
    I was shocked that this happened to a $1000 device. Has anyone else experienced this issue ?
    I will be trying to exchange my device (if possible) as I am not happy to pay retail for a product that can't handle an open app in the background.
    Maybe I have a faulty device ?

2. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

The 6+ isn't all it's cracked up to be. Lag, freezing and app crashes (sometimes springboard & complete crashes) were commonplace up to iOS8.3
    It still exhibits lag and Safari especially is prone to crashing even with 8.3
    As for app compatability, that's a different matter. I don't have Clash Of The Clans so can't say if it causes me any bother, but I will say that 1GB of system RAM is patently insufficient in 2015 and especially in a premium smartphone. Take a look at some of the recent 6+ threads and you'll see that a good 30% of people notice issues.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like it crashed and didn't restart basically and got stuck. Happens once in a rare while. These are basically computers after all.

----------

What's described happens to all kinds of iPhones even been happening before iPhone 6 or 6+ were in production.