6 Plus Users...Wait A Week Before Returning...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghsNick, Sep 19, 2014.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I feel your pain, my right thumb feels a little cramped. My immediate reaction is to return this thing, but I want to reassure you to try it for a week.

It's going to feel different than what you're use to and there will be some learning curves, but you chose the big phone for a reason.

The screen resolution is definitely a plus and this battery is awesome. I'm staying strong for the next week, if I still hate it (with regular use) I'll exchange it.

The struggle is real, but the benefits outweigh the cons!

2. nandopr macrumors regular

nandopr

I concur. I like my 6 plus. No regret at all. You are correct. Just give it a try for a few days.

3. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

I love it so far. Doesn't feel too big to me.

4. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Yeah the phone is big, but really once you are using it. It really does not feel so big. It took me a while to get use to the note 2, but I did. Stick with it, and I think we will all be happy we did.

5. wp-admin macrumors newbie

I was at the Apple store today to get my own hands on a plus since that's what I blindly pre-ordered for myself and after having handled one, I'm even more happy I chose that one. You just cannot cup the phone and expect to one-hand it. I had to rest the phone on my four fingertips, not cup the phone, to be able to thumb-control it and even then, it was difficult. But that said, that did not take away from the experience at all. The bigger screen was worth a change in how you interact with it for me.

6. Minarets macrumors 6502

I loved it when I tested it out in store today. It's big no doubt, but I almost feel I don't need my iPad air anymore. I don't own the phone yet and probably won't until around Christmas, but would choose this over the regular six

7. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

Spent over a hour at the Apple store playing with both models. I was 95% set on getting the larger model because I already own a Note 3 and a Note 2 before that. But the 4.7" changed my mind. I already have a Nexus 7 tablet at home and I find that a 5.7" phone is no tablet replacement. I can easily use one hand with the 4.7" and it was refreshing to use a smaller phone after 2 years of 5.5" models. The 4.7" felt just right.
    If this is your first "large" phone I believe that you will enjoy it; for a year or two. Then you're going to want something more manageable. I ended up going to Verizon after the Apple store because they still had a freaking line out the door at 7pm (plenty of models in stock) and got a 128GB iPhone 6.
    Apple really should have had display units on the day after the announcement. So many people I spoke to were confused about which one to get. I was so happy I did not pre-order because you really need time to look and feel these devices. So I can't blame someone for exchanging them for a different unit. And the display quality between the two were indistinguishable and both cameras performed the same (super quick). All that's left is battery life but a battery case should fix that problem.

Attached Files:

8. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

I agree. It takes a little time to get use to it but it works. It ultimately depends on what phone you came from and what "you" want in a device. Just because I want a smaller phone doesn't mean that the larger one is not good.
    Apple finally woke up and gave people choices!!!

9. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

What helps the experience for me is the Apple leather case.

The phone was kind of difficult to handle without it because it felt like it was going to slide out of my hands. The case gives it a nice grip and makes the phone easier to use IMO.

10. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Yeah I agree. I was using the 5s for the last 7 months, and was ready for something bigger. I did not really want the 6+ at first, but I am glad I got it. It's going to take some getting use to, but I think I will love it in the end.

11. OMAC83 macrumors member

I was so nervous waiting for my phone this week, coming from a 5S its a huge jump, I'm so happy I did! Silver 6+ 128gb

12. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I feel better now. I did a clean install so I think my hand was cramping since I was redownloading everything.

13. darkfiber, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014

darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

Question about returning a iPhone 6

I got a 128GB iPhone 6 Plus yesterday that I pre-ordered from Apple.com. I switched from a iPhone 5s that I bought a year ago so I still had a year left on my AT&T contract. When I got the 6 Plus I stayed with AT&T which means a new 2 year contract. Let's say I decide to return my iPhone 6 Plus. What is the process of going back to my iPhone 5s? From what I read on Apple's site I can't return an iPhone bought from the online Apple Store to a Retail Store. Would I contact AT&T and have them reactivate my 5s and then ship the 6 Plus back to Apple? Will there be any fees involved? Would I be able to go back to my previous contract with AT&T to finish out the year I had left as if nothing happened?