6 plus vs SE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jojods, Mar 25, 2016.

1. jojods macrumors regular

hey guys, I have the 6 plus not S and I have just purchased the iPad Pro 9.7.

I was thinking about selling my big beast and buying an SE because it's faster and potentially allows a bigger jump to the iPad than my 6 plus

What do you guys think 6 plus or SE and do you think I can sell the 6 plus to pay for an SE?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Unless you want a tiny screen, I would stick with the 6 plus

3. Paul S macrumors regular

Depending on where you are, you could probably get $4-500 for the Plus, as long as it's in good condition. That pays for your SE. Look at your local classifieds to gauge where the prices are.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Why did you get the 6+ over the 6 or 5S to begin with? If you really like the big screen but want the SE for the price you'll be very disappointed. I would be making the same switch if I had the money. I bought the 6+ because the 6 was too big for one handed use so I figured if I had to give that up I'd rather get as big of a screen as I could. If that was your reasoning and you miss the convenience of a small screen you'll be happy to have made the switch.

5. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

I get my choice of phone from work, and have run the old size, the 6 size and the 6 plus size. I have mini and regular size ipads.

My choice of device sizes would ideally be SE size and ipad mini size. These provide nice 'steps' in size, if there's something i'm doing that requires a screen bigger than the ipad mini then my mac is suitable.

I can see the 6+ size being of benefit to people who don't have/want to carry an ipad or perhaps have an ipad pro which is a little less portable (that they do not carry with them often).

Put another way: if you carry an ipad with you or have one available then the plus size iphone is larger than required. If you don't it's a sort of cross-over phone/tablet which can sort of do the job of both to a degree.