6 plus with a faulty charging port

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Slicktype, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Slicktype macrumors 6502

Slicktype

I have been experiencing issues with my charging port on my 6 plus for the past couple of months now. Every lighting cable (apple certified) that I use has the message pop up that states
    "This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone".
    This started to happen a couple of months ago, but It never dawned on me that the issue could be with the phone itself. I always blamed it on the cables.
    In result, I have purchased 4 new lighting cables from the Apple Store and all four cables give me this message.
    Also, I have noticed that the Lightning cable is easily removed from the phone while charging. Sometimes, it actually falls off if the phone is charging and placed on a flat surface.
    Today, I ran a test comparing both my phone and my wife's 6.
    I placed the same Lightning cable on both phone and her 6 held the Lightning cable in place like a champ. Mine took "very" little effort to remove.
    Has anyone experienced this strange issue that I am experiencing ?
    I made a genius app for Sunday, so I hope that there is some sort of resolution for this annoyance.

2. LeilaW macrumors member

LeilaW

That's pretty weird, where did you buy it from? Don't tell me you bought it from official Apple store...:confused:

3. Slicktype thread starter macrumors 6502

Slicktype

Both phone and cables were purchased from the Apple Store.