6 Plus: Worn Out Colour?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mcmul, Sep 30, 2014.

1. mcmul macrumors 6502

Broadly speaking, the screen is utterly gorgeous and everything (bar this one thing...) looks great on it. But the FT is my daily news source and I can't help but feel the colour is utterly washed out. I initially compared it to my old iPhone 5S, then my wife's 5S and I have just popped into my local Apple Store to check the 6 Plus there too. I have indeed come to the conclusion that either the FT is trolling me or... [insert here].

Anyhow: can 6 plus owners quickly bring up ft.com and compare it to another source. Unfortunately I know nothing about this area of technology.

2. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Maybe post a screenshot if you can.

Looks fine to me but I've never been there on a computer before so I don't know what it's supposed to look like.

3. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

Turned the brightness right up on both 27 iMac and the 6+ now to see what the deal is. Both look really close colour wise, you definitely wouldn't consider it washed it. The blues are really vibrant for example on the tear gas umbrella pic on the front page on both. Shades of colour are virtually identical.

4. mcmul thread starter macrumors 6502

I feel like it's slightly darker on the 5S than my 6 Plus, which is what I was obviously used it. Like I said, everything else is flawless and if it wasn't for the FT it wouldn't have struck me. Thanks for checking :)

5. Apple fanboy macrumors Penryn

Apple fanboy

All screens vary. Even two iMacs or iPhones side by side won't look identicle. That's why photographers and designers use tools to calibrate their screens. This is the only way to get things accurate. Also your eyes get used to a certain colour tempreature and brightness. Your brain tells you that different is wrong.