6+ screen privacy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikeydooodie, Sep 21, 2014.

1. mikeydooodie macrumors member

i mean the screen is huge it'll be hard for someone behind you or sitting next to you not to look over at the phone, not that i have anything to hide but I might find it weird. what do you think about those screen privacy protectors?? or should i lover the brightness??

2. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

3. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

What, did you think he got the 6 plus to work on spreadsheets?

4. kenners macrumors newbie

Zagg has a privacy screen protector for the 5 series iPhones, only a matter of time till they make them for the 6.

5. Q-Dog macrumors 6502

Q-Dog

especially in class!

6. rararobb macrumors newbie

I have the same concern. The phone is so large and the display so clear that stealth usage is not really an option. It will be especially difficult for the next few months while the phone is still not easy to get and everyone notices it. There is little chance of discreetly responding to a text or email. Also, make sure you don't get any inappropriate content in the screen because everyone will see it. #

When I'm at work, I spend a lot of time in meetings where I do not have much of an active role. We have an unsaid rule in the office that if you are not a main person in the meeting, then it is ok to use your phone to to respond to work emails and such. However, The phone is so big that everyone notices if you use it.

I was at a street fair yesterday taking photos and every time I whipped it out, someone would ask about it.

It's not the end of the world, but it does require me to be more thoughtful about how and when I interact with my device.

7. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Are you really concerned about this? How many people are actually sitting over your shoulder where they can see what you're doing?

8. erzhik macrumors 6502

If someone is looking ito your phone, just turn to them and ask them if they need help. Some people need to learn how to protect their privacy.

9. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

In Soviet Russia, the brightness lovers you. :D

10. mikeydooodie thread starter macrumors member

i guess people don't understand. i live in NYC and commute to work on public transportation which is usually packed like a sardine can, thats what i was implying bc on a packed train/bus its hard to be discreet