6 to 7 plus. commuters' opinion pls

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by z3r0_plus, Sep 10, 2016.

1. z3r0_plus macrumors newbie

hey everyone,

i have been using 6 and now want to upgrade to 7 plus so i ordered it. many of my friends are telling me how big the plus size is or how it does not fit in the pockets. i am in NYC and need to commute everyday. i wonder if anyone who commute and hate or love 6 plus that they have. share the info pls.

thx

2. iPhaithful macrumors regular

iPhaithful

Using the plus everyday is quite different in a few situations vs. the 4.7 model. You just have to find out how it works for you. For me and my commute, it doesn't get in the way and I can place it in my pockets just fine (granted my pants are slim and fitted, not skinny). You'll have people tell you it's like carrying a small television etc. (pure exaggeration IMO)

3. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

Main difference is no longer being to reach all corners of the screen. One handed use is definitely different. I type on it like an ipad mini. I think of the plus as an ipad mini mini that fits in your pocket.

4. DSTOFEL macrumors 6502

I'm in consulting and travel 100% for work (ie I'm always commuting with my phone in one sense or another: planes, taxies, subways, etc...). I've lived with the 6Plus for the last two years and from a strictly "commuting" standpoint, the Plus size is okay IMO. Not ideal, but just okay. I find that with business casual dress the phone fits easily in my pocket. With Jeans...a bit more of a tight fit...but still not really a problem. The one thing I do find with the plus size is that I take it out of my pocket every time I get in a car as it's so tall it kind of gets in the way of the seatbelt. So there's that!

Now, I did have to get used to the physical size of the phone being in my pocket. I guess in some sense it looks like your carrying a small tablet in your pocket. I did have to get used to the odd comments from the ladies "is that an iPhone 6 Plus in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?". Okay, that part was a little joke;--)

For what its worth..I'm downsizing to the 7 this time around as I really want a phone that is more pocketable.

5. z3r0_plus thread starter macrumors newbie