6+ weeks in, how are you treating your iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ntombi, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I'm still pretty careful with it: I don't put down on hard surfaces without a cloth or something under it, but I still have it completely naked. There are a couple of miniscule marks on the chrome, but no other marks or scratches anywhere, even on the :apple: on the back. I let a friend's four year old touch and play with it :eek: , but only when I'm holding it. I'm the type who's always pretty careful with my things, but I'm still a little more careful with the iPhone than my other gadgets. So far.

It's naked at home or in my pocket, but in an iPod sock if it has to go into my purse. I couldn't find a nice enough case to cover it with, so I gave up and went with what I had at hand, and I'm pretty happy so far.

How about you? Has the shine wore off? Are you treating it more casually?

2. spazattack674 macrumors regular

I try to treat mine well, but I don't take so many precautions that it inhibits my use of the phone. I just got my Vaja case a couple weeks ago, before that it was naked. There are some scratches on the black plastic in the back, and on the Apple logo. Generally I'll keep it in my Vaja case, or in the iPod sock I have. I have a case from Speck that is rubber or silicon or something and covers the back and the chrome sides, but I don't use it that often.

3. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

I treat mine like I would a girlfriend at 6 weeks, I tell it what to do and it better damn well do it. If not, I yell at it and throw it around.....and yeah I like to keep it naked too. :D

Seriously, I treat it the same as I did when I got it. Its still as good as when I unboxed it.

4. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

I treat mine pretty good. I carry it around in a hip case but take it out to use it. I am careful of what I set it down on if I am putting it on a table or something, and when it is syncing I use the dock.

5. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

I treat mine about the same as any other phone I have owned. I don't abuse it but don't treat it like some precious jewel.

6. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

I've got a Bodyguardz film on mine, so I'm not really careful with it at all - I've slid it across the floor once or twice, my wife dropped it face-down into some dirt at the park, I let my 15-month-old handle it (when I'm there) and it's in and out of my front pocket all day long. Not a single scratch or blemish on it.

If it were naked, I'd always be worried about scratching it. Now, I don't have to care. :D

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

A lot better than it's treating me.

8. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

I think that gets my vote for the answer of the day!!!!! :D

9. ribenaberrie macrumors member

I am still babying mine. Its naked without a case but its only either in my pocket or in my handbag in its own compartment so it doesn't get scratched by other things.

When I put it down on my desk I usually put it on top of a notepad or something. :p

10. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I still protect my iPhone at all costs from drops, scratches, inclement weather, ninja attacks, and all other possible threats. I never put anything else in the same pocket, except my hand to put the phone in and take it out. And it stays on safe soft comfy surfaces if it's out of my pocket.

11. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

Tried an all over invisible shield but hated it and just left the front shield on. Other wise from this I carry it naked and put it into a leather case when its in my pocket.

TBH im tired of carrying it around naked, its too much hard work to look after it! Everytime I give it too someone who wants to look at it I cringe (they may drop it!) Especially when my daughter is playing games on it:eek:
    Ive drop it once already, but luckily it landed on its back, or else I would have had a smashed screen.

Ive decided ill be investing in a soft plastic case asap before its too late.

12. sh0ckerturb0 macrumors member

sh0ckerturb0

when i first got the phone i kept it in a case constantly. since then i have discovered horrible light leak and been annoyed with the phone often and have decided to ditch the case and treat it almost like any other cell phone until i have the time to drive to my nearest apple store and have it replaced.

13. vrflyer macrumors 6502

vrflyer

I was easy with it on the beginning, the we started to "click". We hit it off and well to say the least we went to bed and "did-it", first week too (that's a record). Nowadays we are inseparable, we pretty much do everything together(movies, shopping you name it - well we haven't tried the showering part yet). We're pretty safe also, we both wear our "protection" too, so no worries of making iPhone babies here.

14. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

Get yourself one of these and you and your special one can spend time together whilst sudsing up!

15. vrflyer macrumors 6502

vrflyer

^^^ Adding to my online shopping to-do list. ;)

EDIT: We need a "naughty" smiley! :D

16. hexonxonx macrumors 601

The same way I did on July 11. It's in a case. My iPhone just works. Good enough reason to take care of it (and my second iPhone).

17. milani macrumors 68000

milani

It's been wonderful, except for all the bugs that have been listed x number of times, like apps crashing. I've found about 1000 uses for my iPhone and in all it's probably the most useful/entertaining piece of technology I've ever bought, save my computer itself. Loving it!

18. stokesy7 macrumors newbie

i try to keep mine in good condition, the case i bought for it came with a screen protector, however, it dulled the touch sensitivity alot so i took it off, and then it massively scratched the back :(

also, my touch screen has been very random, sometimes it works fine, sometimes a horizontal line, about the size of the send message button, across the whole screen doesnt work. also the other day, if you open up the keypad, the area of the screen where the numbers 4,5,6,7,8,9 are didnt work accross the whole phone, which meant no calling, no messaging, no email nothing!! so i got half drunk and hit it on a wall and it started working again!! lol

but yer im taking mine back soon to get it replaced grr

19. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

Well put. That's how I treat my iPhone, too. I bought it to use it, not to admire it in a display case. :)