iPad 60 days to return my refurbished 3rd gen. iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Broadus, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Broadus macrumors 6502a

On a lark I went online to the Apple Store to find the final date that I could return my refurbished 32GB iPad 3. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, but if a Black Friday deal on a 4th gen. model were to make the price difference substantially less, I may be interested.

Expecting it to be 14 days from when I received it, I instead found this note on my online order: "Eligible for return until: January 7, 2013." I was really, though obviously pleasantly, surprised by this.

This is my first refurbished Apple product. Is this the norm for refurbs?

Regardless, I really like this iPad and will probably keep it. Great screen, no issues, though a little more speed at times would be a bonus.

2. Broadus thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. flavr macrumors 6502

flavr

There won't be any significant Black Friday deals for iPad 4 or iPad mini, hang onto you referbished iPad 3, it's the best deal apple has going on right now!

4. Broadus thread starter macrumors 6502a

I suspect you're right. I thought it was a really good deal, about as good as one ever sees with Apple.

5. Joey51 macrumors newbie

Keep it

Chances are the 5 will be lighter and better.
    I ordered a mini on launch day and hated the non retina sent it back.
    I had sold my 3 about 2 weeks before mini launch like a idiot.
    Ordered a refurb 3 and a 4 about 2 weeks ago and put them side by side-the refurb had by far the better screen-white whites,no yellow or blue or screen bleed.
    The 4 was yellow,and had screen bleed.
    I saved 140 bucks keeping the 3
    The battery life on the 3 has been better than my 2 and 3 i had.
    The apple refurb had no marks on it,looked new and like has been stated before,
    The best buy out there.
    Keep it,salt the money away you saved over the 4 and get the 5 when it comes out.
    Especially if you received one that has no screen bleed and good color.

6. Broadus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes--I have a really good screen, hence my hesitancy to replace it. I had ordered an iPad 3 in August but returned it because of the screen. I'm sure I will keep what I have.