60 very battery cycles in 9 months, good?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MikeArtworks, Jun 27, 2015.

1. MikeArtworks macrumors regular

Hey, quick question.

Do you guys think that 60 battery cycles in 9 months on my macbook pro retina 13 inch is good? Or should I try to reduce it a little?

Thanks

- Mike

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Just plug your computer in when you can and run it off of the battery when you need to. I wouldn't worry about it.

3. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Much cycles. Very battery.

That sounds fine. Just continue to use it in a normal manner and try not to worry about it too much.

4. MikeArtworks thread starter macrumors regular

Any idea how many cycles the macbook pro retina 13 inch ( 2013 late ) can take before seeing noticeable less battery time? Isn't it like 1000?

5. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

It really depends, but the old rule of thumb was no less than 80% capacity within 1000 cycles if I am not mistaken. I could be wrong and I am not sure if this still applies today.

6. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Its mostly irrelevant and nothing to worry about. My MBP has 1100 cycles at 4yrs old and 89% of its capacity left.

7. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

It is but time has a big impact on batteries too. That is why your 1000 cycles "guarantee" only applies within the 3 year applecare period. After that it is considered a consumable item and it is your responsibility to pay for any replacements.

Basically your battery will begin to die badly sometime between 4 and 6 years of age there is very little you can do about it and it seems to be luck of the draw wether you get a long or not so long lasting one. Although they do seem to be getting better as the years go by.