Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Draino

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Hello,
this is my question to you from my recently charged macbook. When my 60 watt mac book charger **** the bed I cut off the magnetic end of the cable and spliced it onto and extra 65watt cable that I had lying around from and old 17in g4powerbook, the only difference is the output of 16.5a on the 60watt and the output of 24.5a on the 65 watt, Will I eventually fry my computer? It seems to be working fine, It heats up a little when in use but this morning when it had finished charging the green light was on and the charger was as cool as the floor on which it was lying.
Does anybody know have any idea?

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
The amperage isn't an issue, as long as it's at least enough to power the computer. The G4 brick has higher amperage so you're fine. Your computer will simply draw the amperage it needs to function, no more.

If the voltage was different, that would be a different story.

Draino

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
thanks

Thanks thinker go mac that was reassuring. I currently live in argentina and otherwise I would have had to cough up 100 bucks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.