$600 Economic Stimulus Check - 32 gig Itouch soon?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gbross, Jan 24, 2008.

1. gbross macrumors member

Quick Apple... get that 32 or better yet a 64 gig Itouch out on the market.

You'll be doing your part to jump-start the economy.

If you wait until September to announce these upgrades everyone's "free" money will be gone.

2. a1016neo macrumors regular

a1016neo

I agree... Apple, Don't wait until September for an ipod update

3. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

it's always easy to say by consumers' demand. but it's not easy to bring in quickly. it's depends on manufacture supply. we can't also ignore the price point. Apple should wait for price drop. now 32GB or whatever higher capacity is very expensive. if you want it now, you probably pay more than $399.

for example, 64GB SSD for macbook air which is exaclty the same use in ipod flash model is about $1000. can you afford it now?

4. TimJim macrumors 6502a

A 32GB Touch would be awesome, but it would cost to much.

A 16GB iPhone is more realistic.

5. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

They wouldn't be jump starting the economy, they would have alot of fans cursing them for the outrageous price of a 32 or 64GB touch out so soon. Later this year we'll probably see 32GB but not anytime soon.

6. efedor macrumors regular

I think Apple dosent need help stimulating the economy, The screw us every time they get, so as far as stimulating goes they do that everytime they sell us something....Especially when it's a 20dl upgrade.

7. Quasiportnoy macrumors regular

I think they'll come at exactly the same time, honestly. Having a lower capacity iPhone than the iPod touch really solidifies the lineup, giving the iPod touch an edge over the iPhone and preventing some market cannibalism. I could see it by September or October. That's a long time in the valley.

8. nirvana06 macrumors regular

Both will happen and cost the same when announced, most likely. I'll upgrade my 16GB for 32GB for sure.

There are already 32GB players out, like Zen which is 350. By September price to make 32GB iPod will be just right for Apple. 32GB iPod Touch will probably cost 399 in September and 8GB touch will be gone from the line up. 16GB Touch goes to 299.

If you can get a player now for 350 , I'm sure Apple will be able to make lots of money selling 32GB Touch for 399 in September.