6000ms & iTunes - Jailbreak Dilema

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iainwales, Apr 22, 2011.

1. iainwales macrumors newbie

Good Afternoon Folk.
    Right i am fairly proficient in Jailbreaking iPhones but its been a few months since i did my last one.
    I have two problems and if you can help me with either i will be extremely grateful! i would even go asfar as to say i would reimburse you some pennies for your time!!

here's what i have:
    a 3GS already jailbroken. firmware 3.1.3(7E18). start of my serial number is "880026" and my modem firmware is 05.12.01
    and
    a Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard

I want to update to OSX4 for apps, multitouch gestures and more...

Iv attempted to use "redsn0w" and "PwnageTool" to jailbreak my device.

Pwnagetool;
    i have managed to create a custom firmware successfully but its getting iTunes to recognize it as an official firmware.
    i tryed to use "saurik's" 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com in the "Hosts" file. but i am still getting an error

"the iphone could not be restored. this device isn't eligible for the requested build"

I then gave up after all night googling, youtubing, and searching forums

so i then tried the conventional method of "redsn0w":
    Used firmware "iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8G4.ipsw" i presumed i was on the newer bootrom so selected yes. i ticked "install Cydia" and "install iPad baseband" to ensure i could still unlock with Ultrasn0w. enter DFU mode. the white scrolling text (forgot what its called - n00b) then hit the snag:

"error no successful firmware download 6000 ms, Giving up..."

it occasional runs a few lines of text but ends with "Reason: image not found" then pauses and reboots after 10 mins or so.

from what i found on the forums i just had to be patient and try it again. now tried it for the 8th time trying different troubleshooting each time and nothings worked.

i have almost given up and just sticking with 3.1.3 OS or dare i say it, use Steve "almost dead" Jobs OSX4.3 :confused:

Like i said ANY help would be grateful!!!