iPhone 61% to 59% Battery jump issue

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by iRoRo, Dec 3, 2014.

1. iRoRo macrumors regular

iRoRo

Has anyone else noticed the 61% to 59% jump in their battery when using your iphone?

How is this affecting the life of your battery when charging and discharging?

I have commented on this issue a few times on other threads since iOS8.1 to 8.1.1.

I'm quite religious about taking care of the battery and calibrate it every month or thereabouts.

I'm concerned that due to calibrating the battery, the %age jump may falsify calibration and deteriorate the battery life-cycle quicker.

Discuss..:rolleyes:

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

You're thinking way too much about this. Just use the phone. Your battery is fine.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Meh.

I just use my phone and don't really pay attention to the battery indicator beyond "oh I better charge it"

If the battery life should become excessively short during the time I own the phone I'll change it out.

[​IMG]

4. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

I'd recommend you turn off the battery percentage indicator.

5. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I just watched mine go from 61 to 59. I said to my self "hmmm, OP was right" and now I am going on with my life. I don't really care what it says. The percentage is just an estimate anyway. This will most likely be the last time I see it go down, because I don't feel like wasting my time watching it anymore.

6. sbailey4, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2014

sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Probably everyone. The meter is not linear and is an estimate at best. Would not stress over it

Its not

This is not needed to this extent and technically Li-ion batteries prefer to remain charged and topped off. Word is when around 40% should plug in to top off for best care of the battery. Apple even has removed the previous "calibrate once a month" recommendations from their support site.

Really draining it all the way down several times a month will cause more deterioration. Bottom line the meter is just a reference not meant to be the gospel and draining Li-ion batteries is not recommended for best life and performance.

7. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

Well if you're that anal, you should've timed the amount of time between each percentage by leaving the screen on and doing nothing. You'll notice between those 2 percent it takes twice as long to drop down versus regular 1 percent. Meaning it's using the same amount, just not displaying correctly.

8. shotts56 macrumors 6502

There was a thread on this very topic a couple of weeks ago.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

And some mentions of it in a number of other threads before as well. It's (at best) a minor issue that's there in iOS 8 (so far), that's more or less it (for now).

10. imagineadam macrumors 6502a

Yeah bud it's everyone's phone. And it's not just 61 to 59. It's also 31 to 29% and 16 to 14%. There might be another one but I can't remember right now. Sorry to add to your OCD. This drove me nuts for awhile then I just shut off the percentage.

11. iRoRo thread starter macrumors regular

iRoRo

Yeah! probably an OCD with the battery.
    %age now switched off, before the men in white coats come and take me away :eek: