6200 exhaust idling no cure????

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by enkanah, Sep 3, 2012.

1. enkanah macrumors newbie

Hey peeps!
    I really hope that you guys have some information about this issue, because after several days of searching the internet for solutions nothing i have tried has worked so far.

The issue is this:
    my 13'' Macbook Pro is from around mid 2010, nothing wrong with it, but lately the CPU fan have been going crazy. Its running 6200 RPM when im not doing anything at all, and i can hardly go to class with it because of the sound it makes.
    Ive tried resetting the SMC by holding left shift-ctrl-alt-powerbutton, i have tried downloading fan managing programs but still the same. It just wont go below 6150 RPM. I also checked the temp C of the core, and it around the 40 degrees, which shouldnt cause the RPM to go that high. (source: Istat).
    I have also tried installing boot-camp (win7) so see if the issue had something to do with my OS X (10.7.4) but yet still the problem remains the same.
    I am comepletely lost, and have no clue what else I can do.

kind regards!!!

2. FrancoisC macrumors 6502

FrancoisC

Did you do any upgrade lately? You could also remove the cover and check the dust level, because depending on where you live maybe it's just a buildup thats causing it.

3. enkanah thread starter macrumors newbie

By upgrade do you mean replacing some of the hardware etc? No i haven't.

I have been thinking if it couldve been caused by dust. ill get back to you!

thanks for the quick reply

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Then open /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor and find out what process is eating up your processor cycles and stop it and then upgrade or delete that program that is misbehaving.