64 bit Windows install on MAC Pro...here is my issue

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by melman911, Dec 25, 2009.

1. melman911 macrumors newbie

Ok. Going to try to provide details so that i can get this fixed once and for all.

Ok partitioned a second drive using disk utility ... reformated the Hard Drive in Disk Utility as HFS+ (Extended Journaling). No problems,

Next i open up boot camp and proceed to go through the install process.

Next I select the second drive and partition the drive in equal parts without a problem.

Next go to install the disk (64 bit). Load the disk in the tray and select install. Computer proceeds to shut down and install the Windows disk.

Ok here is the problem:

At boot up the computer starts to boot the Windows Install CD then at a "black" screen gives me this message.

Please select CD boot type: _

I got $20 for the first person that can help me with this (not kidding)

2. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

Did you reformat the new BOOTCAMP partition to NTFS prior to starting the install procedure?

Hickman

3. melman911 thread starter macrumors newbie

Uhhh no i don't think so.

Ok some more backround: I was able to install the 32 bit install disk without the problem above and it let me partition to NTFS in the Windows install process.

How can i partition to NTFS before starting the Windows boot camp install? This may be my problem.....

Right now it's giving me this error before getting to the Windows install.....

Please select CD boot type:
    _

4. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

If you did the reformatting as the first step of the Windows install process (ie when you first booted via the windows install DVD), then that is not the issue.

Hickman

5. melman911 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I know Brian.... my problem is that i can't boot the Windows DVD. I can't get past the black screen with "Please select boot type"

6. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch