64 or 128gb iphone 6? advice...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by whyrichard, Sep 13, 2014.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Hello all,

I am currently on an iphone 4s, 64gb. After years of photos I have maxed it out once, purged the photos, and am close to maxing out the memory again.

I was wondering what your advice was on storage with the new 128gb option.

My question is: Do you think that the new camera in the 6 and new apps would move my memory needs beyond 64gb with the new iphone, if I am currently at about 55gb on my iphone 4s?

Thanks!

Richard

2. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

i think this is going to get a lot of different opinions!!!

here is my opinion!! apple has dropped iCloud prices. if you buy enough iCloud, you can put all of your pictures to iCloud. theres been talk about apple putting lower resolution photos on your phone and keeping high resolutions on your iCloud.

the new iCloud prices are
    99 cents a month or $11.88 a year for 20 gb
    3.99 a month or $47.88 for 200 gb
    9.99 a month or 119.88 for 500 gb

if you can get the 128gb , i figure you might as well but i wanted to mention iCloud

another thing to ponder would be to get the 6 plus model, because it has the optical image stabilization feature that the regular 6 does not, if you take a lot of photos maybe you would want the o.i.s. feature

you can set iPhoto to delete pictures off your iPhone as it puts them in your photo library too

3. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

currently I use dropbox for a variety of reasons. How does dropbox photo sync compare with apple's icloud?

r.

4. FoxFifth macrumors 6502

You can't really compare it yet because Apple's iCloud Photo Library isn't yet offered. It looked like it was going to be coming out with iOS8 but the latest info indicates that it has been delayed. I think the last reports I saw were guessing October.

5. sraber macrumors newbie

I have lived with a 16 GB model for all the years the iPhone has been available. 2007? Just download the majority of your pics to iPhoto and only save the "Keepers" on your phone. You have to edit your pics. Good luck with your choice. :)