Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrDomVonDoom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2010
Fairbanks, Ak
What I am trying to do is trade some files between my iMac and my friends Windows machine, we have some video clips of partying we did and wanted to make a best of 2010 DVD, something we do every year. I brought my Mac to his house because he was wanting to see what was so great about OS X, he mentioned he had some videos and we tried opening a shared connection but it just won't take, I have done it easily between my Windows 7 Starter Netbook Asus Aspire One, but his machines won't have nothing to do with connecting to my Mac, he has versions of Windows that are 32 Bit and my OSX is 64, is this the reason or is there something more....devious? lol Any help would be appreciated.

iMouse

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2002
Boardman, Ohio
More details needed

How are you connecting the two together? Through a router/switch or two over wireless?

Are they both issued IPs on the same subnet? (e.g. 192.168.1.x)

Do you have Windows File Sharing (SMB) turned on on your Mac?

Are both units in the same Windows workgroup? If not, have you tried mapping a drive and connecting via IP?

\\192.168.0.5\Username

Try these options first before we look into more detail. The architecture of the processor has nothing to do with connecting to a network share on a Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.