64G 3G iPad screen overall tint query

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JonMPLS, Jun 19, 2010.

1. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I really like the iPad. It is proving to be the ultimate travel companion for me, as I always need to lug my old, heavy work PC with me as I travel.

However, I was interested to know how many others received an iPad with a distinct overall warm tint. I would say more red than yellow. It's not like a color channel is missing or anything, just that white is not as cool as any of the iPads I saw at the apple store, or my iPhone, or my MacBook Pro. (This is a different problem from the cool to yellow gradation that has been the subject of other threads)

Apple was kind enough to immediately replace it, but it was perhaps the same batch/vendor for the screen because the new one had the same tint. I also know that LED screens vary, but, to paraphrase a famous line . . . "all screens are different, but some are more different than others."

[I am not the returning type--I have 4 iPods, one iPhone, a MacBook and a new MacBook Pro, all without any returns]

I guess I am just interested in how many others notice this. By itself, not too bad, but in contrast to other screens kind of annoying. On the plus side, I have a very even color screen with no bad pixels or light leakage . . .

2. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

I haven't noticed any tint on my screen, and I sent back 3 27" iMacs because they had horrible yellow splodges in the middle of the screen. :eek:

I have noticed a little backlight bleed, but I don't care.

Whether the tint is defective or not - only you can be the judge - no one on this forum has seen it. But you have to remember that while the iPad screens are, and are advertised as high quality, the iPad is not a device for photoshopping and colour correcting if you know what I mean. :)