64gb 1.8" SSD installed in my 15" powerbook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by OrangeSVTguy, Feb 9, 2014.

1. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Installed a 1.8" Samsung SATA SSD into my 15" powerbook using a 44 pin IDE to 1.8" SATA adapter. Well I'd love to run some benchmarks but I was overclocking the CPU a bit and messed up the logicboard. When I get another 1.67 board, I'll run some benchmarks :D

Attached Files:

2. Graeme43 macrumors 6502a

Graeme43

Looks sweet :D I'd get one but I doubt it would make any difference on this 500mhz Powerbook G4 ;) it is 13 years old after all and still going strong :D

I have a PB G4 1.67 you could have had if you were closer... I have this sister that doesn't know how to treat computers! I bought it in 2006 and was my baby until she got a hold of it!! :eek: She basically murdered :mad: dented case all over + somehow managed to screw up the cable for the screen so it only works at certain angles.. poor thing :(

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Does your sister know my daughter?

My TiBook 400 did just fine with it's second logicboard until my daughter decided to knock it off the couch one day. The floor was carpet but after that it never functioned right. I finally put it out of it's misery about two years ago when I needed a screen for my son's 1Ghz TiBook.

To be fair my daughter was three or so at the time, but still! :D

4. gavinstubbs09 macrumors 65816

gavinstubbs09

Sisters and nice things don't go together! Back before my Apple days I had a Gateway NV5378u laptop, and 3, THREE times she tripped over the power cable breaking the power jack. A while later I decided to give her my Latitude D620, I get it back and it is BEAT. Broken screen hinges, broken A/C Adaptor, broken power jack, missing keys, cracks errywhere.

Never again will she get to borrow any of my computers.

5. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

YES!! I've been wanting to do this in my 1.5GHz 12" PBG4. Is that the adapter from Micro-SATA Cables?

6. jrsx macrumors 65816

jrsx

What IDE to SATA adapter is that?

7. Hughmac macrumors demi-god

Hughmac

When you said 'overclock' my ears pricked up and I went on a search.
    How high did you go to blow the logic board?

Cheers :)

Hugh