64GB ATV4 at Costco for $148

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by OPSteve, Oct 8, 2016.

1. OPSteve, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016

OPSteve macrumors newbie

Costco has been selling the 64GB version of the Apple TV4 for a while now, but when I went today I noticed the price is now $147.97 which is slightly less than the 32GB full retail cost. I'm pretty sure it used to be more like $169. Our ATV2 still works ok for us, but I was tempted to upgrade (and I understand that hardly anyone really needs the 64GB version but if it's less than the 32GB version...). Any thoughts if this means a possible update to the ATV in nearish future?

2. benjitek, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016

benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

Since the ATV2 is still OK for your family, if cost is a priority, maybe wait. Best Buy... Costco... Target... Walmart... eBay... During the past few months they've all been rotating deals on both ATV4 models. At the very least, you'll get an even better deal as the holiday season approaches. At most, you'll have the even-better price for the ATV4 or the option of considering a full retail priced ATV5. Apple hasn't announced anything, no rumors out of China -- but better holiday pricing for the current product line is a given.

If I'm wrong, I'll sell you my 32GB ATV4 at half retail. Bluetooth audio performance on the ATV4 is inconsistent, because of that it turns out I use my 2016 Roku Streaming Stick much more often as the Wireless Audio feature is flawless. It's enough for me to accept Roku's clunky antiquated UI... :cool:

3. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

Yeah, walmart has 64GB for $159 - i don't see any point to these unless you download tons of apps and store game data, but from what i understand some of that goes to iCloud too..