64gb Crucial upgrade question

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by jalbrecht, Jun 8, 2014.

1. jalbrecht macrumors newbie

Just wondering if someone could weigh in on whether this Crucial RAM is the correct spec for nMP? http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._4_x_16gb.html

This B&H kit seems to be a good deal for anyone upgrading to 64gb. The price fluctuates, but I've seen it drop to the low $600's.

It's just two 32gb kits, but for some reason the part numbers of these 32gb kits (CT2K16G3R186DM) isn't the same as the 32gb kit that shows up when you look up the memory through Crucial's site (that part no is CT5019230).

All the specs seem to be the same, though.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

2. AidenShaw macrumors P6

AidenShaw

They look good - and if B&H says that they're for a Mac they'll stand behind that.

Many memory companies use different part numbers if you look up the memory by system, vs looking it up by spec. Same DIMMs in the box.

3. jalbrecht thread starter macrumors newbie

4. jalbrecht thread starter macrumors newbie

For anyone else interested, I just chatted with a B&H rep who reiterated that this 64gb Crucial kit was the right one for the nMP.

Not a bad deal if going for a third-party upgrade, plus savings on tax if that applies to you.

5. MacProCard macrumors 6502

Running those with no problem in my nMP. I also got mine from B&H. Take you time putting them in. It can be a little tricky making sure you're sliding them in straight.

6. jalbrecht thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool, thanks for the confirmation and the heads up!