64GB iphone? I don't think so..........

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bonds79, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Bonds79 macrumors 6502

I don't think we will see a 64GB until you first see a 128GB iTouch and 128GB iPad. Apple seems to alway like the itouch and ipad to have a bigger max size then the iphone.

2. Broph macrumors 6502

Broph

I say there'll be a 64GB one... Just because they've been at 32GB for so long, and because they can.

3. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

I highly doubt there will be this time around but I'd love to be proven wrong.

4. Raheelanwar89 macrumors newbie

I thought the nand flash was the most expensive or 2nd most expensive part of the iphone? I simply dont see apple making it 64gb because of that alone. Maybe the iphone6 since that would be 4G LTE capable ( hopefully:) ) so users would crave more space and apple will deliver!

5. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

until apple starts using 64gb nand chips dont expect any 128 or 64gb models

iphone uses one nand chip = max size 32 there is no room for two chips

ipods are using two nand chips = max size 32 x 2

6. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

First of all, I don't care what you touch. Second of all, the iPhone is Apple's most recognizable product. It looks like the iPad 2 will surpass it, but I am sure the iPhone will see 64GB before, or at the same time, as the iPod touch. The iPad is much bigger and could accommodate 128GB now, they're just waiting for iPad 3.

7. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

Truth is, nobody knows what Apple will do except Apple themselves, all these posts with people proclaiming that they know for a fact what Apple will or will not do are nothing but speculation. I see lots of negativity here, nothing but Apple "won't" or "can't", I just know they will exceed all expectations again this year and have the competition scrambling to copy them once again.

8. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

They had 64GB iPhone 4 prototypes, that means they were thinking about it, it was probably too expensive at the time but after a year, I bet they got cheaper.

9. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

It's a space/ cost issue, there's a lot more room inside of an iPod Touch which can accommodate the extra chip. Once prices drop on 64GB chips we'll have that capacity in the phone.

10. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

There will be a 64GB version this year, I can smell it

11. fluffer macrumors member

You were the first member to use the word fact on this thread on this, the MacRumors website, clue's in the title. Rumor and speculation, I'd love to speculate they'll pop another 32 in, especially since the video recording is as good as it is. I use most of my 32gb with music and so would love more when I upgrade to 5th gen in July to be able to use the video camera more.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Can you smeeeeeeel, what Jobs is cooking:)

13. Harpoon Spoon macrumors regular

If Apple truly makes good on their cloud based storage, you might not need to have 64 gb of space, as long as you are connected to the network. It would make me believe that if this is what they are intending to do you might see a iPhone LTE.

14. fluffer macrumors member

Then users would just need to be concerned on the cost of their data tariff and their data usage. Unlimited might need to be ushered back in.... hopefully!

15. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

the touch already is 64GB :)

16. DeftwillP macrumors 6502

Does the touch already have it's other chipset taken by radio equipment?

17. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

The iPhone needd 64gb. We have been at 32gb for way to long...

18. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

I would surely welcome a 64gb iPhone because my 32gb is almost full due to the massive amount of music & apps I have on it (more the music)...I had to remove my movies because with the movies I couldn't fit all my music.

So Apple, PLEASE add a 64gb iPhone for a decent price. Thank you!

19. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

He said that in the post. The problem is that extra 32 takes up the space needed to make it a phone and 64 Gb of flash as one unit is too expensive

20. destroyboredom macrumors 6502

I'm really hoping for 64GB. I'll be upgrading regardless, but this is the main thing I'm hoping for. I still have an original iPhone so it will be a huge upgrade for me regardless of what the specs are.

21. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Don't think so.

The iPad has nothing to do with it. When they can afford 64 GB chips they'll use 64 GB chips.

Case in point: The iPad 1 had 256 MB of system RAM. A few months later the iPhone 4 came out and had 512 MB of system RAM. It got cheaper so they used it. They didn't hold back the iPhone just so it would match the iPad.

22. FatMac128 macrumors newbie

Perfectly expresses! I totally agree. Apple will do what ever it takes to stay number 1. I always look foward to "Steve's Surprises". :D