64GB micro SD for Windows tablet (DV8P)?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by samiznaetekto, Dec 17, 2013.

1. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

What brand of micro SD cards would you recommend for Dell Venue 8 Pro? And what's the best format for it - FAT32 or NTFS? (sorry, have been out of Win world for a couple of years, so rusty in details)

Thanks.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Get one (pro or class 10) designed for capturing HD footage / recordings so that read and write speeds are upto scratch.

You can use either format but remember if you use FAT32 you will be limited to file size if you are storing anything individually bigger than 3+ gb.

3. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

4. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

The Sandisk above is indeed the fastest I believe.
    Perhaps note the comment from sandisk that using file systems other than exfat may cause instability.

Personally I fell for the hype about samsung and sandisk not playing nicely together/corruption problems and bought the samsung pro model for my gs4 which I formatted to fat32 (for comparability with basically any device). It is equivalent to the one step down sandisk model.

I would check whatever support boards you can for your device too. Not to be a fear monger, sandisk may be great , what do I know.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

And just to add...

DONT BUY FROM EBAY

Quite a lot of MicroSD cards are knock offs from china. It may look cheaper than Amazon but don't risk it.

Buy from amazon or similar.

6. verpeiler macrumors 6502a

verpeiler

..the same people sell that stuff on amazon unless you only buy from amazon direct (and even then I heard stories about bad stuff).