64GB USB Pen Drive, only US$5,563.14!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stoid, Jul 19, 2007.

1. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Whoa!!

I'm impressed more by the fact that it is the same size as the 1GB drives, than by the overall capacity. How long until flash catches up with hard drives 5 years? 10?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I can't believe that I'm responding to this... Nice pen drive, but... when it costs more than a kick-awesome* Mac Pro, no one cares. Well, unless we have some multimillionaires on the board who would find this useful... And why buy this when you can get a 2.5" 64GB drive for far less? Like over $2,000 less? Or a Kangaru 64GB USB drive for only $2,800? :D My prediction on the capacity 'catching up' to today's standards? Five or less. My prediction on the price catching up to today's standards? 2035. :( Meaning, when we have 512GB flash drives for just over $100, we'll have 16PB 3.5" drives. Hey, it's 2035...

*A word which here means 'heavily upgraded'.

3. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

We all do things differently, of course, but 64 GB is just not an interesting size storage device for me. I have a 6, 18, and 30ish one. 64 just does not seem to be that much of 'impact player'. If there was one that could get my entire music, or VDV library on it, that would be much more interesting. It would require a much larger drive. So, this would not find much use. When you add in the fact it costs as much as a 4 TB NAS, well it has even less appeal.