64gb vs 128gb

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mrs.G, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Mrs.G macrumors newbie

Mrs.G

My iP5 has been acting weird lately. Took it to Apple Store and they said several iOS files were corrupt and it showed physical signs of water damaged even though it's still fully sealed and never been dropped in a pool, toilet, etc. :mad:
    Thinking, once I make the decision below, I'll sell it to my phone carrier hopeful to get a better resale value (and an employee whom will not notice what was pointed out to me).

I'm trying super hard to be patience for the 64gb to become more available, but all I ever see is either the 16 or 128 versions. I was already sucking it up to spend the $100 for 64, but now I'm really debating just waiting till Xmas to go ahead and get the 128.

What's a gal to do? Plan on purchasing 64 in the next few week? Or wait till Xmas for 128?

FWIW, I haven't done a restore on iPhone 5 because I'm afraid once I reload the back up, it would reload on the bad/corrupt files.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've been lucky to keep checking first thing in the morning (around 5:30am) online with local pickup. I was able to buy two iPhone 6 pluses (64gb) that way. Just keep checking, I found Tuesdays and Thursdays seem to be the days that have the highest odds of seeing something available for some reason.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

I'm not sure what the question here is...

You should have a pretty good sense of how much storage you need.

That should tell you what version to purchase.

Unless you're pretty positive you'd need a 128GB device it's silly IMHO to spend an extra $100 that you won't get back. (Difference on Gazelle for 32GB ip5 vs 64GB ip5 is a whopping $5...)

Plus I'm positive that you'll be able to easily and quickly get whatever capacity you want well before Christmas.