64GB Zune - anyone else excited?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by NOSintake, Mar 31, 2010.

1. NOSintake macrumors member

Apparently Microsoft will be releasing the 64GB version of the Zune, and I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pumped about it. The only thing holding me back from getting it when it comes out, would be the support with my Mac. I have a ton of music, and I don't feel like moving it all over to my virtual image of Win 7.

Reason why I'm so pumped is because I want a music player, not a mini computer. I'll be moving to an android phone this summer, so the need for a mini computer will basically not be there anymore. If I wasn't moving to a new smartphone, then it make this decision a little bit harder, but I'm almost 100% sure I'll be making that jump. What do you guys think of the announcement?

2. H00513R macrumors 6502a

H00513R

I've liked the Zune since 1st gen. I owned one and thought it was easy to use and had some great features. I won't be getting a new one though. I like the integration with my Mac too much.

3. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

I've never seen a Zune in person. Do they play games?

4. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

5. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio

Yawn.

You know you can buy a 64GB iPod Touch today? Or a 160GB iPod Classic?

6. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

*Yawn* Yet another thread of someone coming on to mac rumors to talk about microsoft products.

This site is becoming less and less about mac and more about windows every day.

7. satty macrumors 6502

I also haven't seen a Zune yet. I travel a lot, but no sight in Europe, Asia, Australia or New Zealand.

Is the Zune actually available outside of the US?

One thing I think is really impressive with the iPod/iPhone is the "advertising" done by the users themselves. They're always out the pocket and used (at the start with the iPod it was more the white earphones, now for games and surfing the web etc.).

It's unbelievable how many iPhones you can see in public, specially in Australia.

8. pooky macrumors 6502

+1 to never having seen a Zune in the wild. Even my engineer friends have iPods (with Linux installed on them, of course).

9. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio

I hear the pay is pretty good, though. :D

10. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

Nope.

I'll maybe look for them when I visit the states this year. You know, to see that it's not all an elaborate internet hoax.

I'm pretty sure my friends wouldn't recognise the name Zune although they'd definitely get Walkman, and a few would probably recognise Sansa and Creative.

11. grahamnp macrumors 6502a

I would pick one over a touch if they were sold outside of the US and had Mac or even just worked with double twist.

12. NOSintake thread starter macrumors member

*sigh* I can't believe I'm being met with so much hostility. I'm not a fanboy, I was just asking if there was any more like minded people. I've had my mac for 7 months, and I know that I can't go back to a PC. So to put the blame on me for me asking a simple question seems a little harsh don't you think? And besides, this IS the Music section. I knew better than to put it in the iPod section.

13. Waragainstsleep macrumors regular

Zune

Dude, I'm actually surprised at the lack of hostility on this thread. I suspect I'm right in saying that the majority of users here do not like Micro$oft or (m)any of their products.

You're getting off pretty lightly so far. I wouldn't take any offence at all if I were you.

14. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

I don't think people are being hostile, it's just you're on a Mac forum, and the Zune is pretty much irrelevant, regardless of where you're asking about it.

15. Xavier macrumors 68020

This is number one for me. Plus the App Store

16. KeriJane macrumors 6502a

KeriJane

If it's anything like the 2-4GB Zune....

Ewwww!

Those things are awful. Awkward, un-intitive controls, a tiny screen with a huge bezel so as to resemble a Nano, a cheap look and feel and of course they are completely dependent upon Zune software running on a Windows PC.

It's just Microsoft's latest attempt to copy Apple... and once again falls far short.

If you've really got your heart set on one, wait until after it's been out for a few months. Unlike Apple products, Zune prices plummet after they over-produce them and end up having blowout sales.

You could get a similar look and feel from most generic MP3/Video players. They're that cheesy.

Have Fun,
    Keri

PS. I'm not trying to be hostile here, just accurate. The Zune that I've seen was just awful.
    Nice Packaging though.

17. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

Now that you made me think of it.. I have only ever seen 1 Zune in real life.. Microsoft sure doesn't do much to promote it or even sell it in general.. and they're wondering why it's not working as well as they had hoped :p

18. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

So you think the OP should be insulted for buying a music player not from Apple? That's really sad. And I would challenge your assumption that many members here don't like Microsoft. Take a good look around and see how many people run Windows just because they like using it every once in a while, or how many people love Microsoft peripherals.

This isn't meant to be a fanboy site where Apple is God and every other company isn't worthy enough to even be considered. (Though it sure seems like that sometimes.)

And FWIW, I've seen three or four Zune's around here in south Texas. They're obviously not really popular, but they are out there.

19. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Uh....

[​IMG]

....no.

20. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I have only seen one Zune in real life as well. It belonged to someone who got it for free when someone at his school was giving them away.

I'm happy with my iPhones/iPods.

21. Kawininja619 macrumors member

I love my ipod touch but I also use my dads zune HD sometimes. They have noticeably better sound quality but they lack all the important apps i need when working out. If they had apps like nike+ i may think about it.

22. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Honestly no uses Zunes except for Bill Gates and his kids and that's only because he won't let them use iPods.

Don

23. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

As excited as I am to stroke a check for Uncle Sam in few days.

24. robfromabove macrumors regular

From my perception, Zune's are bought by the people that would rather buy something difficult to use than something "trendy".