64gig coming?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SageEryin, Mar 23, 2009.

  1. SageEryin macrumors newbie

    Feb 18, 2009
    So I need to know when will it come? I'm not talking about 3.0 I just want a hardware update so I can get a touch with more then 32 gigs. Now I heard rumors for tomorow for an annoucement or so but any ideas? Because right now my classic 5th gen is broke and i want to upgrade/get a new ipod. And with going around 2 months now with no mp3 player is really getting to me.
  2. aethelbert macrumors 601

    Jun 1, 2007
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Next Tuesday. If not, the next one. Or maybe the next one. or the next one...

    Short answer: nobody here has your answer.
  3. Consultant macrumors G5


    Jun 27, 2007
  4. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

    Mar 15, 2008
    Does anyone know if the 2nd gen Touch has room for 2 memory chips? Apple has been reported to be buying up all the 32gb chips it can find. If two will fit in and existing Touch then there is a good chance you'll eventully be able to pay Apple $449 for one. Most competitors are having trouble bringing out 32gb models.
  5. mackmgg macrumors 65816


    Nov 2, 2007
    Tomorrowor the next dayor the next dayor the next dayor the next day
  6. fishface17 macrumors member

    Jun 15, 2008
    I really HOPE the new iPod touches come with 64 gb. I need more room for my apps!!!
  7. 03 Hodag macrumors member

    Nov 16, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    I'm also still anxiously awaiting the 64gb iPod Touch. First I was hoping it would be released this past Sept with the release of the 2nd generation. Then I patiently waited until after MacWorld, hoping capacity would increase mid product life cycle, like the 1st generation. More and more Tuesdays go by and still nothing. I even got my hopes up for the OS 3.0 event but still no 64gb iPod Touch.

    And now the buyer's guide says "Don't Buy - Updates Soon" which just confuses me even more. Does that mean we're half way through the 2nd generation's life cycle so don't buy, just wait till Sept? Sept isn't quite so soon. Does MacRumors know something we don't? Have I missed something? What does "Updates Soon" mean?

    Now I understand that a 64gb 2nd generation iPT would need two 32gb chips and these chips are expensive and Apple has to wait till the price drops to make a 64gb iPT financially feasible for them to offer. I know its not a sure thing until the 3rd generation but my patience is wearing thin!

    I'm not sure how many more Tuesdays will go by before I have to pull the trigger and settle for a 32gb 2g......
  8. kevzy macrumors member

    Jan 27, 2008
    I'm still waiting too. The 32 GB is very tempting but I'm determined not to buy until a 64GB is released. I had hoped there would be a simple memory upgrade before the September revisions but as the weeks pass I'm not so sure.

    The buyer's guide simply works on an average number of days since the last update. Since we have now passed the average number of days, it's saying "updates soon". No-one knows anything so it's just a matter of waiting.....
  9. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a


    Mar 28, 2008
    Palo Alto, CA
    It's doubtful it's coming until next October.

Share This Page