$69 mobileme on the 11th?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nojokews6, Jul 7, 2008.

1. nojokews6 macrumors regular

i read this a few times, what are the details? can i buy at att store?

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

You will probably be able to buy it at the AT&T store. If you upgrade to the iPhone 3G you get MobileMe for only $69. So it might be a code you put in online at the Apple website, who knows.

But as of now, MobileMe launches on Wednesday. Check the front page for more.

3. gibbz macrumors 68030

If they do offer the $69 price with he 3G purchase, I wonder if there will be a similar discount on the family pack?

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Yes. I think it's a 30% discount, so like $115 or something? I forgot.

5. hellodon macrumors 6502

I wonder if there will be a similar discount for those that bought the iphone for 2.5x the price and have beta tested it for 377 days?

6. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Sorry :(

7. specops macrumors regular

i thought i read somewhere there was a free trial of mobileme? or am i crazy? or should i say crazier than normal

8. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Yep. That's if you haven't used the .mac trial already. But you could simply just use a different name and info to try it again.

9. jmpmntwnty3 macrumors 6502

There is a free trial, but if I'm not mistaken, it's limited. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

10. David G. macrumors 6502a

Yeah, it's limited. That's why they call it a trial. But anyway, I don't see a link to it on the Apple website.

11. hellodon macrumors 6502

Yeah I was just kidding. It would be nice to offer that to everyone using the iPhone though, ya know? I mean, it's evident we all bought them, why not extend the "iphone owner" discount to the OG's. haha.

I don't want the 3G one....at least not yet. I like how mine looks better, a friend using ATT's 3G networks barely ever gets the 3G signal and I can pretend all I want that I'll use GPS but the truth is, I probably never will. So i'm going to keep the nice aluminum thinner looking phone and spend the extra 30 if I end up wanting mobileme.

I'm looking forward to doing the trial, never did it with .mac...this looks pretty cool though and I bounce around to 6 different macs (well, 3 at home, 2 at offices) and have my iphone so some of the syncing features would be really nice for me.

12. hellodon macrumors 6502

I don't think it's limited in features, just limited to 30 days....pretty sure you can check everything out....any confirmation on that?

13. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

60 days.

14. jmpmntwnty3 macrumors 6502

I read in another thread that it was limited in features (like storage space or something like that). Was the .mac trial limited in features? I've never bothered to try .mac in the 9 months I've owned a mac lol

15. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

16. David G. macrumors 6502a

.Mac definitely was, I think the storage space was cut in half. Not too sure on the bandwidth though, didn't really concern me during my trial.

17. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha hellodon,

Actually, the trial period is 60 days, but the associated storage is limited. The trial accounts only get 50MB, while the for pay accounts get 10GB (.Mac) or 20GB (.Me), quite a bit more.

HawaiiMacAddict

18. specops macrumors regular

Thanks for the infozz!

19. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

Does anyone know if there will be a discount for MobileMe in the UK for those of us who upgrade to the iPhone 3G?

20. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

Unfortunately for you, it doesn't.
    [​IMG]
    I used to agree with you but...old iPhone now looks very cheap and tacky compared to the new design... Looks like someone wrapped some black gaffer tape around the bottom of the first gen iPhone - what's that all about?!

Back on topic: I just got a .Mac family pack activation code from eBay. Cheaper than buying from Apple, and I'll be upgraded to MobileMe tomorrow :D I got a family pack for 50 quid, rather than the £99 Apple charge for .Mac family pack or the £89 they will charge for MobileMe family pack. That's what I'd do if I were you, Petoz (I'm in the UK too; the .Mac code came from Canada).

21. nojokews6 thread starter macrumors regular

anymore news if we can buy at the att store or bring att reciept to apple to purchase mobileme for 69?