6G iPod imminent??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TonyBaloney, May 7, 2007.

1. TonyBaloney macrumors regular

2. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

hmmm in teresting but i still don t see it happening until october or so when the hype for the iphone starts to drag....

3. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

Agreed. I'd love for that to happen, but I think it might be a bad thing to debut that right in front of the iPhone.

Typical Apple style says they'll have it ready before the iPhone, but won't show it anywhere until well after the iPhone has been released and the buzz dies down.

4. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

not sure whether or not to believe that.. the specs sound right, but apple released the revised "5.5g" iPods, imo, because they knew it would take a while for the 6g ipods to start shipping. i think we'd sooner see a revised, revised 5.9G iPod before we see a 6G ipod released alongside the iphone

5. TonyBaloney thread starter macrumors regular

i forget where i read it but I heard Apple decided to push back the 6G ipod to 2nd half 2007 due to the similarities of it and the iphone (they put it as being like the iphone - phone apps) and that if released before iphone it would lower its value. so who knows. it'd still be cool if released in a month though...

6. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

9 different models? Apple would never do that. They would probably offer the lower sizes with flash and the higher models with hard drive.

7. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Its a good question that comes out of that:

If your music collection is ~30 GB, how much more money would you be willing to spend on a flash model if they offered a 30GB flash model and a 30GB HD model