iPhone X 6GB Available Left ????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by titrau, Oct 31, 2018.

1. titrau macrumors 65816

titrau

Is it true low storage can slow down our iphone ????

my devices feel full and heavy slide now
    and only 6 gb storage available left ,

now my iphone touch and slide not smooth like when new iphone setup with nothing storage inside ,

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

6gb of memory is not enough. Needs more than that to run the operating system smoothly.

3. Otflyer macrumors 6502a

Otflyer

Operating system memory is already provided from factory. If he has 6 gb of free memory that should not be a problem. However, if it were me, I would free up some space by off loading it to a computer, deleting unnecessary items or buy more storage from Apple. He didn’t say which iPhone model he has. Maybe an older phone.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I have to not agree. I have several friends who bought 64gb iPhones and all slowed and even crashed when storage became limited. When they dumped stuff off their phone to free up storage, their phones ran perfectly again.

5. UnifiedMelody macrumors regular

UnifiedMelody

put it this way you need some storage free to allow caching to run smoothly. when all the bytes of storage are taken away, this imposes a limitation in how flexible the storage module operates as a whole...

6. jona2125 macrumors 6502a

This is very true and it's the first thing I check on when someone comes to me with issues with their device running poorly and usually deleting junk solves the issues.

7. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

6 GB of free space shouldn't be an issue. Getting down to something like 2 GB or below can sometimes result in some performance type of differences.

8. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I am just reporting what my friends reported to me. One of them said they had 5 GB left not sure what they other had.

Just trying to help the OP out.

9. titrau thread starter macrumors 65816

titrau

My display has issue touch it auto corsponding sometime and i think that low storage cause performance ,

i tru reset earase all and set new without restore icloud which is is 60GB available or so and still lak touch

not sure my display issue or my storage issue related

i have genious appointment this week dianostic , this is my first iphone has issue touch display, before full storage doesnt cause that kind