6PLUS and frequent use of headphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Nonstickron, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Nonstickron macrumors newbie

Nonstickron

I'm looking to upgrade from an iphone 5. I have always used my iphone like an ipod and gaming platform primarily, often as a media/web/texting device, rarely as a phone. Unfortunately, it seems like the main two things I use it for are at odds with one another. A smaller device is better for carrying around with headphones attached to it...but a larger device is better for gaming on. I wear pocketed button ups specifically to have a shirt pocket for my phone and headphone cord convenience, regardless of how dorky I look. I live in florida so half the year is just waaay to hot for a jacket.

Has anyone else who uses their iphone heavily as an ipod transitioned to the 6 plus? Have you found workarounds? I really don't want to have to start wearing overalls or a fanny bag, and bluetooth headphones don't really seem to be 'there' yet with battery life. I've considered having a marsupial pouch surgically added to my gut, but I don't think i can afford that.

Ideas?

2. newone757 macrumors 6502

You are not going to want to put the plus in a shirt pocket. It feels a bit ridiculous

3. sometimesido macrumors member

A case that comes with a belt clip + bluetooth headset

4. wxman2003 Suspended

5. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

I'm getting those : http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phone-accessories/lg-HBS730
    They seem to get 'there' with battery life ... ;)

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

I use my iPhone 6 Plus a lot for listening to podcasts and music and prefer to keep my phone in my pocket. I use the Sony MW600 bluetooth adapter with my B&W P5 headphones. The specification says it gives 8.5 hours of use in terms of listening. I've never had to recharge it whilst out and about although I don't really give it heavy use. The clip is a bit flimsy but works fine as long as your careful with it. It also allows you to answer calls hands free as well as use Siri.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Wireless...TF8&qid=1412630901&sr=8-1&keywords=Sony+MW600

7. Nonstickron thread starter macrumors newbie

Nonstickron

I realized that if I trade in my 5, and an old 4 I have, that I can get the smaller iPhone 6 for basically free. The 6PLUS 64 would run me about $100 out of pocket with everything, and I can't talk my wife into letting me spend $100 when I can get an iPhone 6 64 for free, and christmas is right around the corner (we have 6 kids, 3 with december birthdays).

I "think" I may be able to keep using my breast pocket as a holster for the smaller of the 6 models. I hope so.

8. hernan1304 macrumors member

Bluetooth seems to be the best answer. Remember you can turn any set of headphones into bluetooth headphones with a bluetooth receiver that you pair with your phone.

9. raffaelegjr macrumors newbie

This looks great just what I've been looking for. I have 3 questions.

1. How long are the headphone cords approximately ?
    2. Are the headphone removable so that you insert different headphones?
    3. How is the sound quality?

10. Mr.C macrumors 601

I don't use the headphones that come with it as I can't get along with earbud type headphones. I suspect they are the typical length of most earbud type headphones.

Yes the headphones are removable and it's the main reason I bought it as I use my B&W P5 headphones with it.

Personally I think the sound quality is excellent. Bear in mind like with any bluetooth setup there will be slight lip syncing issues when watching video due to the wireless connection and associated lag. With music and podcasts it will be fine.

Also the one I linked to is the non-retail packaging and I don't think it comes with the charger although it uses a micro USB connection and any micro USB cable plugged into a USB port or used in conjunction with a USB power adapter will work. There is a retail packaged version on Amazon but it's more expensive.

All in all its a great product.