6s 3d touch animations faster than the 6s+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by entraik, Sep 27, 2015.

1. entraik macrumors 6502a

I had a 6s up until this morning. Went to the Apple store and returned it for the 6s+. i'm noticing that 3d touch popup animation for the menus when using it on the app icons isn't as seamless and smooth as the 6s. The phone flies but the 3d touch animation seems like its not up to par...

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I just grabbed my wife's 6s to try it alongside my plus. Both pop up exactly at the same speed.

Are you trying this next to another device at the same time or are you just comparing it to how you remember the previous device?

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

The non-Plus version is always going to perform better unfortunately. Having said that, the 6S+ is a good device. I have animations switched off since iOS7 as I don't like them, so the issue isn't apparent to me.

*Edit to add: Ah, you're talking about 3D Touch. I haven't even tried that yet, I keep forgetting to. :D

4. entraik thread starter macrumors 6502a

How can i turn animations off?

5. entraik thread starter macrumors 6502a

I mean it doesn't feel as seamless and smooth as I remember it on the 6s.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I was asking if you're comparing it to another device because our memories can deceive us. I'm honestly not noticing any difference at all with a 6s in my left hand and a 6s plus in my right. Maybe compare to a demo unit?

7. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Why is the non-Plus version always going to perform better? I haven't read this anywere.

8. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

I tried my wife's 6s plus with a store 6s and it's the same speed

9. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

More pixels to drive with the higher resolution screen.

10. viperGTS macrumors 65816

Simply due to more pixels on the display. Doesn't mean the 6s+ isn't a speed demon, because it is! It just means the 6s is slightly faster.