Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

entraik

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
I had a 6s up until this morning. Went to the Apple store and returned it for the 6s+. i'm noticing that 3d touch popup animation for the menus when using it on the app icons isn't as seamless and smooth as the 6s. The phone flies but the 3d touch animation seems like its not up to par...

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I just grabbed my wife's 6s to try it alongside my plus. Both pop up exactly at the same speed.

Are you trying this next to another device at the same time or are you just comparing it to how you remember the previous device?

Reactions: viperGTS

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
The non-Plus version is always going to perform better unfortunately. Having said that, the 6S+ is a good device. I have animations switched off since iOS7 as I don't like them, so the issue isn't apparent to me.

*Edit to add: Ah, you're talking about 3D Touch. I haven't even tried that yet, I keep forgetting to. :D

entraik

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
The non-Plus version is always going to perform better unfortunately. Having said that, the 6S+ is a good device. I have animations switched off since iOS7 as I don't like them, so the issue isn't apparent to me.

*Edit to add: Ah, you're talking about 3D Touch. I haven't even tried that yet, I keep forgetting to. :D

How can i turn animations off?

entraik

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
I just grabbed my wife's 6s to try it alongside my plus. Both pop up exactly at the same speed.

Are you trying this next to another device at the same time or are you just comparing it to how you remember the previous device?

I mean it doesn't feel as seamless and smooth as I remember it on the 6s.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I mean it doesn't feel as seamless and smooth as I remember it on the 6s.
I was asking if you're comparing it to another device because our memories can deceive us. I'm honestly not noticing any difference at all with a 6s in my left hand and a 6s plus in my right. Maybe compare to a demo unit?

docal97

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2006
Southampton

Why is the non-Plus version always going to perform better? I haven't read this anywere.

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
Why is the non-Plus version always going to perform better? I haven't read this anywere.

Simply due to more pixels on the display. Doesn't mean the 6s+ isn't a speed demon, because it is! It just means the 6s is slightly faster.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.