6s and 12.1 battery

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by FyerFyer, Nov 1, 2018.

1. FyerFyer macrumors regular

FyerFyer

I installed 12.1 on my 6s about two hours ago and the battery drainage is incredible. One example: 20% to 10% watching a six minute 480pixel on YouTube video within about three minutes.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

2. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Battery usage right after an install can be atypical as there might be some post-install things that the device is still doing. Give it a day or two and a charge cycle or two as far as seeing how the battery life is like.

3. FyerFyer thread starter macrumors regular

FyerFyer

Ok I’ll wait it out see what happens.

Thanks!

4. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

Roll back before it's too late. You're not the only one experiencing the issue.

5. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Based on a couple of hours right after install? There are those who have some type of battery issues with 12.0/12.0.1 as well, by the way.

6. FyerFyer thread starter macrumors regular

FyerFyer

Thanks guys

Thing is I can’t roll back as I no longer own a computer, only an iPhone.

7. Beeplance macrumors 68000

Beeplance

Without iTunes on a computer to help you roll back to older firmwares, looks like the only solution for you is to pray that future updates solve the battery issue.

My 6S+ is still on 12.0, and getting 7-8hrs usage per charge. Still undecided whether I should update to 12.1, or wait for future versions.

8. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Curious, are you saying that the on screen and off screen times in the battery usage section add up to 7-8 hours for you, or you are measuring that some other way?

9. Beeplance macrumors 68000

Beeplance

I consider myself a relatively light user, such that my 6S+ is able to last me 2 days on a single 100% charge.

I totalled up 'on screen' and 'off screen' times in the battery usage section. Most of the days I hit approximately 4 hours of usage and the battery usage graph for that day didn't even touch the 50% battery usage line. Simple math would then calculate how much usage I'll get out of it if I had drained the full 100% charge.

I consider screen off time as usage primarily because I listen to music frequently with the screen off and through my Airpods. I don't know how anyone would consider listening to music from my iPhone, even with the screen off, as 'not usage'.

My battery capacity is at 100%, before anyone starts asking.