6S asking for PW to wrong email on iCloud Restore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rachaelnicolle, Oct 6, 2015.

1. rachaelnicolle macrumors newbie

I'm trying to set up my new 6S from an iCloud backup. I enter my ID and PW, that works fine, then I'm able to see my former iCloud backups and choose one, that's fine, but then the next screen asks me to enter my PW again and rather than showing my ID email, it is asking for the PW to an email I've never seen before and definitely does not belong to me. I can't get past that page..

*Edit: I've noticed in other threads I'm not the only one this is happening to, however everyone is saying it is an old apple ID. This is definitely not an old ID, as this email does not now nor ever has belonged to me.

2. bigcstyle4 macrumors 6502

Do you have any music that was "purchased" somewhere besides the iTunes Store? Anything in your iTunes library that's tied to another Apple ID will prompt for this upon a restore. You can safely hit Skip this Step and nothing will be affected.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yeah, I had something similar to this when restoring my wife's data from her 6 to her 6s - except it was MY Apple ID that was being asked for.

About five apps had been installed from the App store on to her device under my Apple ID which is why.