6S+ battery and screen being repaired

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajm222, Oct 24, 2016.

1. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

My 6S+ is being repaired right now under warranty (bought it almost exactly a year ago) - both the battery and screen. Battery showed that it had under 80% capacity left, and the screen had a defect in that I just recently noticed.

I was surprised they didn't just replace the phone completely. Does it seem unusual they would replace both the battery and screen and not give me a refurb instead? And for those of you who have had repairs done, does the phone come back essentially looking like it did before? Can you tell repairs have been done in any way? Just curious. I had a glass screen protector on it and a full body skin. The screen protector will of course be gone. I am assuming they're also going to have to either remove or tear the skin to get inside the device. I believe it covers the screws on the bottom.

2. Sumter macrumors regular

Sumter

Yeah your protector and skin will be gone. I also had my iPhone 6s+'s screen and battery (and taptic engine) repaired under warranty, the phone came looking exactly like I remember with cleaner screen and new battery since casing is the same old with its nicks and scars.

I also expected Apple to just give a full refurb model but they ended up repairing the parts instead, but know that you're not alone.

3. ajm222 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I feel bad for the technician(s) working on the phone. A skin that's been on a phone for a year is REALLY a pain to get off. I also hope they don't mess up the phone trying. I could see them peeling that thing off and flinging it across the room. Then again, maybe I'd get a refurb at that point.

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Apple is doing more repairing these days and less replacing.

It is not like it used to be.

5. ajm222 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Turns out, for whatever reason, they replaced the handset completely.

6. Peter K. macrumors 6502a

Peter K.

LOL, you should ask them to reimburse you for the lost screen protector and skin.

7. ajm222 thread starter macrumors 6502a

lol, yes, definitely should have pushed my luck at that point :) amazingly i had another screen protector AND an extra skin at home. so i spent several hours of quality time last night trying to get the skin to stick to the sides again. always fun.