Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickosbad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Hi, my 6s has suddenly taken a turn for the worse battery wise, I'm struggling to make it last a day even with moderate use and coconut battery shows my max capacity at around 80-82%

Do you thing it would be worth getting a replacement battery from Apple......it's only had 220 cycles but is outside of its 1 year (by 3 days) so it would likely be chargeable

I'm not too keen on doing it myself as I don't want to damage anything and affect its value

nickelro

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2013
Hi, my 6s has suddenly taken a turn for the worse battery wise, I'm struggling to make it last a day even with moderate use and coconut battery shows my max capacity at around 80-82%

Do you thing it would be worth getting a replacement battery from Apple......it's only had 220 cycles but is outside of its 1 year (by 3 days) so it would likely be chargeable

I'm not too keen on doing it myself as I don't want to damage anything and affect its value

Been there with my 6s+' battery last week: paid a visit to the Apple Authorized Service and they ran some diagnosis and decided to change my old 300 cycles / 82 - 84% battery under warranty. It was an in and out visit, the whole process took about an hour. The difference was that I was still under the 1yr Apple Limited Warranty... in your case they could charge you with $80 for the batt swap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.