6S battery disappearing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Petulka, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Petulka macrumors member

Hello,
    I've tried iOS 10 beta and it was buggy and killed my battery life so I went back. I reinstalled to iOS 9 twice, once using DFU and downloading the OS throught iTunes, second time I restored all settings. Both times I applied my iOS 9 backup which is basic apps and takes like 2GB. The thing is while using the phone battery goes down like 2% every minute, even when I just stare at the screen and while I didn't touch the phone at all for 3 hours i lost 35%, maximum usage I got is 1:30h. iBackupbot and Coconutbattery both say battery capacity is at 97% so it shouldn't be hardware problem. I also remembered my iOS 9 download dropped in half and I made it manually resume, could this be the problem?

Thanks

2. jtlewis macrumors newbie

Hi Petulka, I am having the exact same issues with my 6S. I installed ios 10 and reverted back to ios 9 but my battery is terrible. I can just watch the screen and the battery just drops. I went to the apple store and they said battery was fine. I'm going back tomorrow as I do not know what to do. Did you get yours fixed?

John :)