Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidra

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Upgrading from a 5. Always had Lifeproof as I am a fishing guide and need water resistance. However, Lifeproof is redesigning their cases for the S series and who knows how long that will take, so I'm looking for a short-term (or long-term) alternatives. Would like to get a simple protective case that I can put in a bag when on the water. Have never had a Spigen case and there seem to be a bunch of them; Amazon has them specifically for the 6S so I"m thinking that might be the best bet. Which model would work best for this purpose? And secondly: DryCase vs Jotul vs other bags? I take a lot of pictures on the boat and really need a good bag for that purpose.

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Theoretically, anything that works for the 6 will work for the 6S.

As to bags, DryCase is the original and everything else copied them. I still have my first gen DryCase, but the 6S won't fit in it.

davidra

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Unfortunately it's clear that the Lifeproof 6 case will not work with the 6s....which is why they are remanufacturing them. I saw DryCase being demonstrated at an outdoor show and it looked pretty reasonable. I just don't need headphones and their arrangement just seemed to take up space.

As far as Spigen cases, there are about ten different names/titles....what are the general differences between them?

Last edited:

geoff5093

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2014
Dover, NH
Theoretically, anything that works for the 6 will work for the 6S.

As to bags, DryCase is the original and everything else copied them. I still have my first gen DryCase, but the 6S won't fit in it.
Not necessarily, as the 6S has slightly larger dimensions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.