6S cases and bags

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by davidra, Sep 11, 2015.

1. davidra macrumors 6502

Upgrading from a 5. Always had Lifeproof as I am a fishing guide and need water resistance. However, Lifeproof is redesigning their cases for the S series and who knows how long that will take, so I'm looking for a short-term (or long-term) alternatives. Would like to get a simple protective case that I can put in a bag when on the water. Have never had a Spigen case and there seem to be a bunch of them; Amazon has them specifically for the 6S so I"m thinking that might be the best bet. Which model would work best for this purpose? And secondly: DryCase vs Jotul vs other bags? I take a lot of pictures on the boat and really need a good bag for that purpose.

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Theoretically, anything that works for the 6 will work for the 6S.

As to bags, DryCase is the original and everything else copied them. I still have my first gen DryCase, but the 6S won't fit in it.

3. davidra, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015

davidra thread starter macrumors 6502

Unfortunately it's clear that the Lifeproof 6 case will not work with the 6s....which is why they are remanufacturing them. I saw DryCase being demonstrated at an outdoor show and it looked pretty reasonable. I just don't need headphones and their arrangement just seemed to take up space.

As far as Spigen cases, there are about ten different names/titles....what are the general differences between them?

4. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

Not necessarily, as the 6S has slightly larger dimensions.

5. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

That's why I said "theoretically." The size difference is, what, .02 mm?