6S+ gets stuck in landscape mode when turning it on?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stanw, Oct 14, 2015.

1. stanw macrumors 6502a

Sometimes when pulling my 6S+ out of my pocket and turning it on it is stuck in landscape mode and will not switch to portrait no matter how much I flip it back and forth. I have to turn it off and on to get it to flip. This seems to happen at least once every couple of days, if not more. Is this just my phone or is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks.

2. Berthacrowley macrumors member

Berthacrowley

I've had the 6s+ for 2 weeks and this happened to me for the first time last night. I was watching a video in landscape mode & tried to pause the video to answer a text and I couldn't get it out of landscape mode without restarting.

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

My 6+ used to do this all the time but going into an app and then exiting to the home screen sorted it out (until the next time). I never had to switch it off. I've had it happen maybe once on my 6S+ but again, I didn't have to switch it off.

4. ChinaRye macrumors 6502

ChinaRye

This has happened a couple times with my new 6s+. I remember this happened with my 6+ last year, but I remember it becoming less and less frequent with several software updates.

5. Peepo macrumors 6502a

6. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I've had my 6s Plus since day one and have not had this problem at all. However, I do use my phone in landscape mode 90% of the time.