6s is a weaker lesser phone than the 6s plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coachbrady79, Sep 27, 2015.

1. coachbrady79 macrumors member

i am on the fence leaning towards the 6s, I need a opinion in if the the 6s is waeker specked phone or is it just a good as a value as the 6s plus

2. laudern macrumors 6502a

How would it be weaker? Having a smaller screen with less to display I would assume it would be more efficient.

3. Brad_solo macrumors newbie

Brad_solo

It depends on your needs. Internally they are the same phone. The 6s has a lower resolution screen than the 6s+ which is a deal breaker for me, although some people can't tell the difference, I personally can. The 6s is also missing optical image stabilization from the camera whis is not a big deal to me because I don't take many photos or shoot video very often.

4. coachbrady79 thread starter macrumors member

I am not sure that's why I asked I geuss I am new to iOS

5. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

Lesser phone compared to the 6 plus? Smaller yes. No OIS yes. Smaller battery yes. Lesser screen resolution yes. But I don't think its a lesser phone then the 6 plus.
    [​IMG]

6. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

It's not really lesser. I went from a 6 Plus down to a 6s. Still haven't noticed a change in resolution unless I hold my phone really up close and look for it on things like the serifs on text. The color and contrast are essentially the same. The extra keyboard buttons in landscape were never used, nor were the sidebars very useful in landscape as most third parties haven't even added support for it. The 6s usually benchmarks a little higher than the Plus because of the smaller screen—especially in graphics benchmarks. The only thing in my mind that might make the Plus better is OIS. I never noticed the benefit on my Plus, but the new one works for video which is more useful. So it depends if you record a ton of video, especially when walking around a lot. The battery is better in the Plus, but the 6s should give you full day battery life. After a few months the Plus usually couldn't make it through the second day all the way, so I needed to charge it every day anyway. But if you heavily use it all day then the Plus battery will be worth it.

7. lovewd macrumors 6502

lovewd

I wish I had bigger hands so I could get the 6 Plus :(

8. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

If you can stand the phablet size you get better battery and stabilized 4K video. Your choice.

9. Billymac19 macrumors regular

Billymac19

10. BravoFoxtrot76 macrumors newbie

It really depends on your needs and wants...

The 6s+ comes with a bigger/better screen, OIS, and significantly better battery life. The compromise is size, which for some, most important.