Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2008
My new 6s has crashed and rebooted at least 8 times since I got it last night. I just restored and as soon as it started re-downloading all my info it happened again. Anyone else experiencing this? Just suddenly flickers and crashes to the boot logo. It was set up as a new phone so I know it isn't a corrupt backup or anything like that.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
My new 6s has crashed and rebooted at least 8 times since I got it last night. I just restored and as soon as it started re-downloading all my info it happened again. Anyone else experiencing this? Just suddenly flickers and crashes to the boot logo. It was set up as a new phone so I know it isn't a corrupt backup or anything like that.

Sounds like you got a bad one. You should go exchange it ASAP.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
Do a total erase and reload the OS, then each app separately to see if something corrupted. You could try an earlier backup if you have one. Call Apple.

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2008
Sounds like you got a bad one. You should go exchange it ASAP.

i tried making an appointment at my genius bar but they don't have any appointments available until october at any of the nearby stores =\

would they even have any in stock to exchange?

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
i tried making an appointment at my genius bar but they don't have any appointments available until october at any of the nearby stores =\

would they even have any in stock to exchange?

Just call them. They'll send you a new one.

Sydryx

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2011
Does the screen briefly go gray before the boot logo shows up? I've had 2 crashes that have done that since yesterday. Once while clicking a video in the YouTube app, and another while "peeking" at an email in Mail.

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2008
Does the screen briefly go gray before the boot logo shows up? I've had 2 crashes that have done that since yesterday. Once while clicking a video in the YouTube app, and another while "peeking" at an email in Mail.

Yes! it flickers a weird shade of grey then reboots. It keeps happening to me.

I'm on support chat with Apple right now. They said they'd send me a new one but they'd need a monetary hold of the full retail value. I got an appointment sooner and they told me to try walk-ins early in the morning when they first open so we'll see.

Sydryx

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2011
Nice! Did they try to charge you the express replacement fee on top of the hold?

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2008
I don't think so but I didn't go through with it. I'm just going to keep it until my appointment tuesday. I think it's getting worse though so we'll see how long the phone lasts.

sparkie1984

macrumors 68030
Dec 20, 2009
a small village near London
My mate had this.

His was stuck in a constant crash loop and wouldn't do anything. After several crashes it died with static looking lines across the top half of it.

This was out of the box. He reserved another one in store and will just send the bust one back

Sydryx

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2011
Apple is sending me a new phone. They waived the express replacement fee, and just put a hold on my card in the event I didn't return the broken one. Clearly a hardware problem - reinstalled iOS twice and it was still happening randomly?

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Apple is sending me a new phone. They waived the express replacement fee, and just put a hold on my card in the event I didn't return the broken one. Clearly a hardware problem - reinstalled iOS twice and it was still happening randomly?

Just sounds like a hardware defect. Glad they are taking care of you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.