6s Lines forming Chaos bound to happen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheRealAlex, Sep 18, 2015.

1. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

I can not understand camping out days if not weeks unless you are a reseller or whatever. Why?

I am guess these are people who for whatever reason can not Pre-order so decide to stand days at the store.

Question, if you Pre-ordered do you still have to make these long lines ? I've always had them shipped to my door UPS

2. Gooberton macrumors 65816

Last year a did pickup in store the line was 5 people took about 20 min, the line for people wanting one was at least 300, this year I reserved a rose gold 128 6 plus my pick up time is 730 pm next Fri

3. bigchrisfgb macrumors 65816

Time was before pre-orders came about that the only way to get an iPhone or iPod before it was to queue up. These days it's mostly people at larger stores who are sponsored by stores to do so, or a few Apple enthusiasts who do it for the atmosphere.
    There is really no need to queue days on end.
    People who reserved are garuanteed their phone and have to come into the store at a select time with a queue dedicated to them.

4. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Nor I.

I watched your video. That looked utterly miserable.

5. ACURA2015 macrumors regular

Seriously I don't understand ! Why would you camp out for days for a materialistic iphone?? I bet some if not most of these people that do this don't even have a job, and I can ASSURE you, that they wouldn't camp out for days to be the first ones to apply for a job. its sad :-(

6. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Some of the line-sitters are sponsored.

7. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502

SisterBlue22

I thought Apple wasn't even letting people start to line up until 10pm the night before this year?

8. nostresshere macrumors 68030

1 - There is no reason to camp out.

2- Why did you use the word "chaos" in the headline? (unless you work for Fox News)

9. campingsk8er macrumors 6502

hahah thats a good joke. No matter what, people are going to line up.

10. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Why did you use the word "chaos" in the headline ? (unless you work for CNN/MSNBC/CNBC/CBS, TIMES, etc)

11. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

12. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

They could be professional line-sitters. Camping out first in line could be their job. There are also random startups looking for some buzz, may pay someone to stand in line holding a banner; hoping to get on the news.

13. Slicktype macrumors 6502

Slicktype

This is quite entertaining. Sitting for days on end for a piece of hardware is ludicrous to me.
    If indeed this person (and many others out there) is sitting to be able to purchase iPhone 6s 's at the allotted limit set by Apple. I wonder how much $$ people would make in the end if selling all. I mean, your hour rate times X = X. What is the profit ?

14. uwdude macrumors 6502a

If you don't get an iPhone on the first day, then you have to do a lungbuster lap in the pool, lol. That's why they are trying so hard.

15. uwdude macrumors 6502a

These people just want to be one of those first few people to come out of the building and hold up the iPhone box for the news cameras. Still I don't think it's worth it to have to sit there for over 10 days just for that few seconds on camera.

16. noobinator macrumors 601

Many are.

"Hey wait here for a week, I'll bring you a few sandwiches per day as pay". See you in a week.

17. iLuis macrumors member

You can still preorder mostly any iPhone 6s and you will get it on launch day even rose gold in 16GB.
    They just want 15 minutes of fame.

18. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

More like BuzzFeed. Even news sits like CNN/MSNBC/CNBC/CBS, TIMES, etc don't go that far since it is just SOP for Apple.

19. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

That's Faux News