Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I got my 6S delivered late last night and set it up later and didn't have much time to use it till today. Today I noticed that it will drop the LTE connection and then after a long wait, will go to no service. It's done it at least five times today. Airplane mode won't bring it back, I have to reboot the phone or wait a long while.

I've tried reseating the sim card a few times with no luck.

I've already made an appointment at Apple for Sunday afternoon in case this keeps happening and I know that after Christmas, it will be a few days before I could even hope to get on. I got this one from T-Mobile but I'm just going to deal with Apple instead. I have a 6S+ and a 6+ and Note Edge all on T-Mobile with no problems.

Anyone have any other ideas I could try? Thanks!

Geeksmart

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2015
Are you on the latest update and going into about section, in carrier do you see t mobile 23.1?

JackieInCo

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
So I worked a short 3 hour shift just now and the entire time there, the phone was OK.

When I was at hime, the 6S was near my 2015 MBP. I remember with some early iPhones, if I set the phone down on the left palm rest, it would the signal and go to no service till I moved it. I wonder if this is the same thing happening here. I have a few days to experiment. That's why I made the appointment for Sunday.

Sketchr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
May just be the SIM card. Had the same situation months ago with my 6+, replaced the SIM and it never happened again.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
May just be the SIM card. Had the same situation months ago with my 6+, replaced the SIM and it never happened again.
I still have the unactivated sim that shipped with the phone. Nice thing about T-Mobile is that i can activate a new sim right from the website.

aKansasKid

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2015
My 6S did this when new. Reseating the SIM card resolved it. Since it didn't in your case, and I still think it's a SIM card issue, go ahead and try that other SIM.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
My 6S did this when new. Reseating the SIM card resolved it. Since it didn't in your case, and I still think it's a SIM card issue, go ahead and try that other SIM.
Unfortunately, it's not the sim card. I just tried another activated sim from my Note Edge in my 6S and the same thing is happening.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
Sound like you have poor coverage where you live. How many bars/dots do you show.
It's not poor coverage. I have a 6S+ and a 6+ and a Note Edge all with excellent coverage. I have five bars of LTE on all those phones. The 6S+ is pulling 80Mbps on a speed test just now.

I have four lines all activated which proves it's the 6S having the problem now.

Sketchr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
And if bad, a full exchange is in order since you're still in your return period. Don't let them "fix" it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.