6s or 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brendan67, Sep 9, 2016.

1. brendan67 macrumors member

brendan67

Hi

I'm due an upgrade and think the iPhone7 is pricey, - what about taking
    a 6s as there is so little difference in looks, I think its better value

Best

2. jdblas69 macrumors regular

I have been debating the same thing the past couple of days. I finally just settled and ordered the 7. The price different here in Canada was $150 between the 6s and 7. I am upgrading from a iphone 5. I plan on keeping the phone 3-4 years so the $150 spread just seem like very little when I thought about it and made sense to go with the latest. Of course $150 can be a lot of money to some people. Also the 6s is still a very good phone.

What phone are you upgrading from?

3. brendan67 thread starter macrumors member

brendan67

Hi

Thank you for the reply

The contracts here in the UK seem to have taken a massive hike, and I'm upgrading from the
    iPhone 6.

As there is no real design change between the two, I'm tempted with the 6s.

Going from a 5 to a 7 will be a big leap for you.

Best

4. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

I think it's wise to nab the previous model for less money now that all the craziness is surrounding the new model. Plus you'll get a phone with an actual home button. From what I've read, the new "home" thingie sucks. Oh, and if you act fast, you'll also get iOS 9, which I'm sure is better than the next iOS catastrophe they're planning to release.

I've been in the computer industry a long time. I know how things work inside. I'm therefore not all gobsmack excited about new releases. They're for kids who can't wait.

5. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

No real design change?

Is looking at your phone the only thing you plan on doing? If so then just keep your 6.

If you are actually going to use the phone there are a lot of changes that make the 7 worth it.

6. brendan67 thread starter macrumors member

brendan67

Hmmm......I like your thinking as it's much like mine

IOS 10 - I took all the Beta's and it's very disappointing IMHO plus bluetooth
    Bose no longer works with a blue third party adapter.

Best

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I tend to keep my phones for 18-24 months, so I wouldn't order one that is already a year old. I'd get the 7. YMMV.

8. brendan67 thread starter macrumors member

brendan67

Thank you for your kind comments.

Design is king and the 6 and 7 are practically the same

As for just keeping the 6 I don't think so, as my wife is waiting on it for her upgrade.

Best

9. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

10. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

OP, if you feel the 7 is pricey as you alluded to in your original post, then go with the 6s. You're coming from a 6, so the 6s won't be a huge upgrade for you. But at least you'll get the 2GB of RAM which is nice to have.

11. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

I've been on the S cycle since the iPhone 4S.. 5S, currently Gold 128 gb 6S, skipping the numbered versions. This is the first non-S iPhone I've been tempted to buy since my original iPhone 3G which I got on release day. (I skipped the 3GS and 4)

Gloss black, superior camera, 256 gb storage, Air Pods, internal stereo 2x louder speakers, and camera upgrades water and dust protection are very compelling to me.

12. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I guess I just don't understand your rationale. If you like the design of the 6 and want to save money then just purchase another 6 for your wife.

Long term usability wise you are much better off with the 7 than the 6s.

13. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

The phone won't make you any happier. Use the money and take a nice trip abroad. Much more memorable.

14. brendan67 thread starter macrumors member

brendan67

Guys

Thank you for the replies.

I, of course should have said 'design as in looks'

It all depends on the individual I suppose. My 6 has never had earphones plugged in so Air pods
    are unlikely to excite me ;-) , storage isn't a problem, a camera is a camera, glossy black looks 'cheap' IMHO.

The UK contracts are at least £10 - £12 per month more expensive, not including another lump
    of money up front.

Best

15. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

LOL I've been around the world, and the iPhone certainly isn't that, but it's a worthy upgrade IMO.