Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CBSubliminal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
Florida
Hello all. I have a iPhone 6s plus ATT and my wife has a 6s ATT. When she makes outgoing phone calls i noticed her phone stays on LTE. When I make phone calls my 6s Plus shows 4G. Is this an issue? Both settings are on cellular and data for voice. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Qbnkelt

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2015
Mid-Atlantic
Assuming that you're both making the same call from the same location there should not be a difference. Have you considered going to an Apple store so they can test reception there?

CBSubliminal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
Florida
Assuming that you're both making the same call from the same location there should not be a difference. Have you considered going to an Apple store so they can test reception there?

Thanks for your response. I don't think it's a reception issue we both have the same amount of bars.

CBSubliminal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
Florida
Do a Reset Network Settings. This fixed my issues.
Did a reset network settings, and made a phone call and still shows going from LTE to 4g when I make a phone call. I am at my job and we have a ATT antenna inside my building so I have a full 5 bars and full LTE.

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
Your phone will only stay on LTE during a call if the tower you are connected to supports VoLTE. Just because you have full LTE service at work doesn't mean it supports voice as well.

Did you move your SIM card from an older phone to your 6S?

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Hello all. I have a iPhone 6s plus ATT and my wife has a 6s ATT. When she makes outgoing phone calls i noticed her phone stays on LTE. When I make phone calls my 6s Plus shows 4G. Is this an issue? Both settings are on cellular and data for voice. Please advise. Thanks in advance.
Her phone is using VOIP on LTE and your is not. It could be a setting on your phone or it could be ATT.

CBSubliminal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
Florida
Your phone will only stay on LTE during a call if the tower you are connected to supports VoLTE. Just because you have full LTE service at work doesn't mean it supports voice as well.

Did you move your SIM card from an older phone to your 6S?

Thank you for your response. My wife works in the same building and her 6s shows LTE when making an outgoing phone call.

In regards to the Sim I believe I used the original Sim card that the 6s plus came with when I got the phone from apple.

Last edited:

oneteam

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2008
Cincinnati, USA
Do you know how I can get VOIP on LTE activated?

You need to contact AT&T. Is your iPhone an AT&T device, or an unlocked T-Mobile?

I had the same issue after I replaced my iPhone 6 with a T-Mobile 6sPlus. When I received my new 6s Plus I just removed the SIM from my old 6 and started using my new iPhone. But AT&T didn’t recognize the new divide (as an AT&T device) and the settings on my account were changed. I noticed it when I logged into my AT&T account and my phone was listed as generic feature phone. I didn’t have WiFi calling, VoLTE and data connection was very spotty/slow.

In my case, everything went back to normal after AT&T added the IMEI to their system.

CBSubliminal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
Florida
You need to contact AT&T. Is your iPhone an AT&T device, or an unlocked T-Mobile?

I had the same issue after I replaced my iPhone 6 with a T-Mobile 6sPlus. When I received my new 6s Plus I just removed the SIM from my old 6 and started using my new iPhone. But AT&T didn’t recognize the new divide (as an AT&T device) and the settings on my account were changed. I noticed it when I logged into my AT&T account and my phone was listed as generic feature phone. I didn’t have WiFi calling, VoLTE and data connection was very spotty/slow.

In my case, everything went back to normal after AT&T added the IMEI to their system.

I have ATT. Just called ATT long story short the IMEI in their system isn't showing the IMEI on my iphone 6s+. I basically did a next plan upgrade on my line a LG and gave the phone to my mother in law. So the system shows "parked" and it wont let him update the imei. So ATT tech has to escalate the issue to a upper level team to get everything updated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.