6s Plus Backlight bleed.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iamMacPerson, Oct 11, 2015.

1. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

So I have noticed that my launch day 6s Plus has developed an issue where the backlight has started to bleed through the top. It was not like this when I got the phone, nor for the first week or so. Now it's getting progressively worse day in, day out. It looks like a checkerboard almost, one area will be much lighter then the area next to it. It's in rows, leading me to believe that it's the backlight. My 5s had a similar problem, but it could only be viewed at an extreme angle and didn't affect the view ability. Plus, it came like that. My 6 Plus (both original and AppleCare replacement) looked flawless. Now, whenever I am watching a video or on a white page, I can see it. It's getting worse (more noticeable), and I feel like the glue is coming loose.

I have an appointment with the Genius Bar for this coming weekend because almost all the stores in the LA basin were booked for at least 4 days. My two stores were the worst though, almost a whole week wait.

What I am wondering is has anyone else had a similar experience? With either a 6s or 6s Plus. Please chime in.

2. ax.r macrumors newbie

ax.r

I may have the same problem.

I just got my phone 2 days and i noticed the top left corner is darker than anywhere else.

I will keep my phone a week more to see it's getting better or worse.

3. LostAggie macrumors 6502

Seems to be defect. I have had mine since launch and no issue like that. Just exchange at the Apple Store!

4. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

well if it is getting worse, something is wrong about the backlight of the display. A Genius Bar appointment is the only solution (but Apple stores are very well illuminated, so an issue like that could be difficult to see).

5. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

I'm assuming this is what you're talking about: http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/dark-spots-at-top-of-iphone-6s-plus.1924773/

They all have it to some extent (other posters here agree worse than the 6+), however if it's actually getting worse you may have a real problem. It may help to compare to it to the Apple Store demo units.

6. iamMacPerson thread starter macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

YES exactly. It's a shame to see that the problem has returned since the 6/6 Plus. The more I use the phone the worse it's getting. Could it be heat or something? Luckily I was able to score an appointment for tomorrow (or today, depending on how you see it since it's after midnight) but it's in the middle of rush hour and I'm gonna be squeased on time so I hope I get there in time.

7. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

But of course they do have a dark room just for testing screen issues like the OP is having.

8. iamMacPerson thread starter macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

The Genius saw it right away and replaced it. Explained that while it's common for LCDs to have this issue, it shouldn't get worse. Also, this replacement fixed an issue I didn't even know I had, my volume down button was really mushy. I thought it was my case, but no.

The replacement phone does still have the bleed, but it's nowhere near as bad. I can only see it at an extreme angle.