6S Plus came damaged?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by indecision, Sep 25, 2015.

1. indecision macrumors regular

Got my 6S plus, just opened it, box looked fine everything looked fine, huge cracks on the screen... can't believe this.

How long will it take the apple store to get a replacement? Any chance this week?

2. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

Cracks, seriously? Dang. Pics?

3. indecision thread starter macrumors regular

Yeh ill take pictures tomorrow kind of late now, But any idea who fast they will do a replacement?

4. noobinator macrumors 601

Did you drop it? Be honest we can't rat you out.

5. indecision thread starter macrumors regular

lol no, If i dropped it I wouldnt be posting here...

6. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

You can call AppleCare and get them to send you an express replacement. Basically they put a hold on your credit card, overnight you a new phone, and then you ship yours back and the hold is removed. Not sure if replacements are available this early, but you can give it a shot.

As for mine, I JUST noticed a sliver of something that is stuck under the left side of my screen. I didn't notice it before, but now that I know it's there I keep noticing it. Normally I wouldn't care but after paying over $1000 for a phone, I'm not cool with this. I will probably return and swap it out with an AT&T model at the apple store in a few weeks when things have calmed down since it has band 30.

7. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

You can walk into the store, and they should have stock expressly for this situation.

You won't get "dinged" if the screen brakes within the first few days. They will actually want the phone. Hopefully you are near an Apple Store. There are two near me.

8. gordon1234 macrumors 6502a

Definitely call them immediately. The longer you wait, the less likely they are to believe it came out of the box that way. I once got one from an AT&T store (the 3G) with a cracked screen out of the box, took it back to the store the next day, and they absolutely refused to replace it. I eventually got a replacement from Apple, but it was a huge ordeal.

9. indecision thread starter macrumors regular

Im gonna try the apple store, They will replace it right away?

And if I can't go to the apple store, any idea how long the replacement from apple will probably take?

10. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

I can't talk gospel but that is my understanding. They have replacement stock already. It was like that last year. Sometimes they will crack open a new box. But otherwise they have white box, but not refurb.

If they don't have a replacement, then they should call you in hours/days with a replacement. Not days/weeks.