6s Plus Hardware Variations (CDMA, GSM, etc)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sum1else, Sep 18, 2015.

1. sum1else macrumors newbie

Do we know yet if there are actually different models of the phone? I'd like to reserve for the upgrade program, but there are no 6s Plus available other than Sprint. I use Verizon and occasionally a European sim card.

The reason I ask is that my current 6 Plus was purchased as an unlocked "T-Mobile" phone, but turned out to work on Verizon when I switched over.

I'm wondering whether I can reserve for Sprint and have it work successfully.

Note that under the upgrade program, apple notes the phone will be unlocked. So that certainly isn't an issue; just the radio compatibility.

2. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Hardware wise, the Verizon, T-mobile, and Sprint phones are the same. The AT&T version has an extra band, but is otherwise the same.

I don't know enough about Sprint to know whether or not they'll activate a non-Sprint phone. The other carriers have no issue with it.

3. sum1else thread starter macrumors newbie

Just to clarify: I will be using Verizon and would like to know whether I can activate a Sprint phone on Verizon, and whether it will also function using various sim cards I might buy in europe.

4. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

so the ATT version will work on verizon as well? I will be buying unlocked, it looks like I should buy ATT to get the extra band if there is no downside

I am okay with the sprint caveat